Technician

MZ 1090 Drum issue

I have a second hand drum that won't ink up properly. The top and bottom edges on the 17" sides have about an inch of space that will hardly ink up at all. I cleaned the screen thoroughly thinking it may have crusted ink on it. I have used test mode 877 a number of times and these areas are still not inking properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: MZ 1090 Drum issue

I assume you mean TM 887, I wouldn't continue to run that. Hate to generate an ink overflow

Probably need to peel back the trail edge of the screen and clean the underside of it as well as the now exposed drum shell. Alcohol will do for this
    Probably should remove the impression roller and see if it is dog boned on the outer edge. Can scrape off layers of dried ink with the backside of a razor blade and clean with simple green. It you roll it on a flat table and the edges aren't touching that is probably part of your problem

Technician

Re: MZ 1090 Drum issue

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    I assume you mean TM 887, I wouldn't continue to run that. Hate to generate an ink overflow

Probably need to peel back the trail edge of the screen and clean the underside of it as well as the now exposed drum shell. Alcohol will do for this
    Probably should remove the impression roller and see if it is dog boned on the outer edge. Can scrape off layers of dried ink with the backside of a razor blade and clean with simple green. It you roll it on a flat table and the edges aren't touching that is probably part of your problem

Thanks. I'll check under the screen. Roller is good I've run other drums on it. PM me if you know where I might buy some drums. Thanks again.