Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ennamarie

Riso RZ220 Jamming Issue

Hi there!

My partner and I own a RZ220. We haven't used it a ton yet. It seems to function fairly well. I've been combing through your forums for advice -- you all helped us get our black drum clean and working great!

We are having paper feed issues though. I've played around with the stripper plate angle and the think vs thin paper setting. After more forum browsing today, I tried to clean the paper sensor Sensor PS-117ND1.

After fiddling with that, I was able to print maybe 10 or 15 more prints and..then it stopped feeding all together. Would pull in a sheet right up to that sensor, or not even that far, and just stop. My partner did more fiddling and recleaned that sensor and got it feeding again. But it's back to, at best, feeding 5 or 10 sheets, jamming, feeding another 5 or 10, etc. And of course every time it jams, it prints on the pressure roller and all prints after are ghosty!

I've seen mention of a timing gear and a solenoid sensor and truly can't make heads or tails of it. I tried to follow some parts diagrams but couldn't find the right pieces!

Any advice or help would be welcome. Apologies if I've forgotten to mention any crucial details.

ennamarie

Smile Re: Riso RZ220 Jamming Issue

Just to follow up..

We ended up having the feed clutch replaced, which has helped a lot. I'm not sure why my many searches didn't bring that up for me, haha, but it has mostly done the trick. I think our guy is still a little touchier about jamming than might be normal, but we'll take it.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Re: Riso RZ220 Jamming Issue

I'm glad it was something simple,yet those clutches are pretty strong and don't fail much.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds