Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

RISO RZ 390UI Error P-19-216

Hello,

I'm hoping for a point in the right direction here. I've worked on countless printers and copiers (aside from my forte: computers/networks), but never a duplicator.
    So, I'm technically savvy and very good with my hands, but have very limited knowledge of this Riso duplicator (RZ 390UI) I have in my possession.

This duplicator gets used weekly for a small publication that I have as a side-business, so it gets a fair amount of mileage.. and had a great deal of cycles on it long before I acquired it, but it is used but not abused.

This past week, it started showing error P-19-208, but still printed for a while, then my employee said it no longer would print or make a master and is flashing P-19-216.
    These are obviously errors having something to do with sensing of the Thermal Printhead in the master-making unit, but I'm at a loss as to where to effectively start.

One article (pertaining to P19-208) said it could be that one of the gears in the TPH assembly could be cracked/broken, and that replacing these (3 gears) could fix it... but the error I have is a P19-216.
    ...although the definition is very similar....just opposite (on vs off).

I would love it if someone could give me some pointers to get this machine printing again.

Thanks in advance.
    Patrick Ring

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: RISO RZ 390UI Error P-19-216

Should just be the 1 TPH gear p/n: 612-10010-008

It is in the master making unit and it is what raises and lowers the TPH on each new master being made. Put some locktight on the treads of the screw when you replace the gear and it shouldn't back out again

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    RISO RZ 390UI Error P-19-216

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    Should just be the 1 TPH gear p/n: 612-10010-008

It is in the master making unit and it is what raises and lowers the TPH on each new master being made. Put some locktight on the treads of the screw when you replace the gear and it shouldn't back out again
    this is the pics and red circle the parts that broken this happen to me twice ,i replaced the gear two times ,at a period of time , you used to make master frequently ,the gear try to overcome the spring load ,he work too hard and end of his life (gear)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Riso tech bulletin RZT-062 indicates that an updated shaft for the gear closest to the motor was made available to prevent this issue for recurring.

The groove for the c-clip was moved closer to the gear by 1.5mm to prevent that gear from wobbling left and right; if one does not want to replace the shaft, adding some appropriate washers might be a viable solution.

Old shaft has part number 023-28213-209; new shaft has part number 023-28213-306.