Technician

Will GR drums work in an FR machine? Just for printing, no master making.

Hi,

I have been looking around various threads in the forum, but haven't found a conclusive answer to the question of whether GR drums will work in an FR machine, or if they will cause trouble.

The thing is, we have a GR and an FR. The GR has problems with the timing when it prints, and the FR has problems in the master making. So I wanted to try making the master on the GR, which works fine, and then do the actual printing on the FR, which I hope works. I'm thinking it should probably work since the printing is a completely mechanical process, as far as the drum is concerned.

But, before I try, I wanted to ask and see if anyone here has any insight into this. Thanks in advance!

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Re: Will GR drums work in an FR machine? Just for printing, no master making.

Most FR and GR drums wll work across the machines. In the following forum discussion I have included a list of drum compatibility.

DUPLICATOR GR3770 DRUM
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Technician

Re: Will GR drums work in an FR machine? Just for printing, no master making.

Quote Originally Posted by ddude View Post
    Most FR and GR drums wll work across the machines. In the following forum discussion I have included a list of drum compatibility.

DUPLICATOR GR3770 DRUM
    Yep, they're both S-2806. Feeling confident. Thanks, ddude!