Thread: Riso comcolor

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Riso comcolor

Does anyone out there have any experience with riso comcolor x-1, or gd series? I work on them and absolutely hate them, HATE them! No paper dust preventive measures, weak on duplexing, hard to keep from jamming. Transport belt unit terrible design. Service manuals terrible, the service code list is not numerically in order, and no hints at any fixes to the codes .
    Any thoughts on these machines?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Riso comcolor

Re: Riso comcolor

Quote Originally Posted by duct tape View Post
    Does anyone out there have any experience with riso comcolor x-1, or gd series? I work on them and absolutely hate them, HATE them! No paper dust preventive measures, weak on duplexing, hard to keep from jamming. Transport belt unit terrible design. Service manuals terrible, the service code list is not numerically in order, and no hints at any fixes to the codes .
    Any thoughts on these machines?
    get boss to send you to school if he insists on servicing them....

-= OR =-

RUN FOREST RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I used to werk on the older riso/ricoh ...hated them also...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I am trained on these machines, I really wish I wasn’t.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I was also trained on some of the old Risograph model machines, but to date I have the blessings of Riso-alzheimers, it was that long ago since I worked on them. I can still fumble through some of the machine workings to fix faults.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Trained on the FW series. I agree. Crap. Over priced and complicated and print quality is dog shyte. Fortunately our company only has 2 to work on, and one of them sits in the office seldom used.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have 5x-1 and 3 GD, and they make me daily think about my future in this business . I would advise anyone who is thinking about these machines, kill your salespeople that want to sell them. Ok, that may be a little too much,just badly wound them to make them NOT sell these.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Service several fw's & GD's that get used an have no issues to speak of being problem machines. I've worked on Risos for decades and am Riso trained that may be why may machines run an have Risos with million's of copies an masters made an some years old an still going strong. Interested in all of the details of what you guys say are the problems. Maybe I can help.

ieeeee 50+ Posts

I have a client thats doing about a 1/4 million a month on a X1 with High Cap Feeder and Stacker. I have done all the normal Pm schedule items and then some. Most 2 times over now with the schedule. I continue to get jams with the paper "fluttering" as it comes out the stacker output into the cart tray guides. I have adjusted the side guides and can usually get a sweet spot but they need a somewhat tight stack so I cant get too loose. I will gather my notes and update this when I have the specific jam but I wanted to know if anyone had any issues with the High Cap Stacker.

When I say "Flutter", I mean a single page will take a different path as its shot out the output. Normally it bounces off the end gate and comes back, by then the page behind it is there already pushing it down in its current spot. Its so much worse when they use the offset function. I have got the flutter down to every couple thousand or so. But we have this machine pump all night so we cant have it down at all when no one is around.

So much hate with this machine gewww. Sorry to thread jack. Any help would be awesome.

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

I'm going to be getting trained on the GD and FW series soon. Really hope there's some knowledgeable people in here for when I start working on them...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Mid city,I have seen more times than I can count what you described, machine runs great then out of nowhere paper ejects differently and causes a screwed up stack and jamming. The stacker is the bane of my existence,too sensitive to the most tiny of paper quality changes.