Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    doris papers

At Odds With Error Codes and Drum Issues RP-3505

Hello riso friends,

So I have an RP 3505 and I am sort of at a fork of what to do. Because of circumstances around having space my machine was in storage for about two years during which it was very lightly used. The last time it printed was probably over a year ago.

Right now my issues are as follows.

Both of my drums (blue and black) won't fully engage or seat in the machine. I know this is an issue with the rod in the back of the machine hitting something in the drum. I had an earlier issue where the drum wouldn't disengage from the machine, but by running in test mode 556 I was able to get to drum out. I am not sure how big of an issues this is or if it is one that can be solved fairly easily.

Error codes:

Right now I have a T17-020 (solenoid counter) and T03-501 (clamp motor)

Earlier today my blue drum was stuck in the machine, I was able to get it out and now it won't go back in so that is my first major issue. Then the error codes. I've looked at the previous thread on T17-020 error code and how someone fixed that and it was helpful, but I am still very confused on where to start.

I am also at thing point where I don't know how much work I will have to put in to get this thing back up and running again. The master count is at about 7,500 and the copy count around 955,000, which I think is relatively low actually and it may still have some life left.

I am looking for honest opinions. Should I heap it and work towards getting another one, call a tech because they may be able to help, or this is something a relatively inexperienced riso person can handle themselves.

Thanks,

parx

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: At Odds With Error Codes and Drum Issues RP-3505

Quote Originally Posted by doris papers View Post
    Hello riso friends,

So I have an RP 3505 and I am sort of at a fork of what to do. Because of circumstances around having space my machine was in storage for about two years during which it was very lightly used. The last time it printed was probably over a year ago.

Right now my issues are as follows.

Both of my drums (blue and black) won't fully engage or seat in the machine. I know this is an issue with the rod in the back of the machine hitting something in the drum. I had an earlier issue where the drum wouldn't disengage from the machine, but by running in test mode 556 I was able to get to drum out. I am not sure how big of an issues this is or if it is one that can be solved fairly easily.

Error codes:

Right now I have a T17-020 (solenoid counter) and T03-501 (clamp motor)

Earlier today my blue drum was stuck in the machine, I was able to get it out and now it won't go back in so that is my first major issue. Then the error codes. I've looked at the previous thread on T17-020 error code and how someone fixed that and it was helpful, but I am still very confused on where to start.

I am also at thing point where I don't know how much work I will have to put in to get this thing back up and running again. The master count is at about 7,500 and the copy count around 955,000, which I think is relatively low actually and it may still have some life left.

I am looking for honest opinions. Should I heap it and work towards getting another one, call a tech because they may be able to help, or this is something a relatively inexperienced riso person can handle themselves.

Thanks,

parx
    Have you tried resetting the machine to get rid of those error codes? You should try that first.
    Then you can manually turn the drive coupling in the drum cavity so it aligns with the coupling on the drum and according to the info you've shared so far it appears you probably should be good to go.