Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Exclamation Recurring jam on Riso RZ 370 - Error code : J08 - 409

Hi All,

I'm seeking help and any help will be great.
    I'm facing this error message on a used Riso RZ370 I purchased since one month now. This machine was sitting for more than one year. I start by cleaning all the dust in this machine and paper path. I also Change the scrapper roller, pickup roller, stripper pad.

But still paper keep jamming under the drum and error message show on the panel is J08 and when press on [*] on the key pad I got -409.
    I have also remove the pressure roller clean it still the same issue.

In the 1rst time, it was always jamming at the 2nd copie
    But when I remove the stripper pad unit and clean all the dust using compressor, I succeed with 15 copies before it jam.

I have another RZ 370 witch is working without no issue.
    I swap the print drum with this one and I succeed copying 25 copies before it jam.
    I also swap the paper feed clutch but still I have issue.

I reset also this machine to factory default.

Sometimes I can print 05 ; 10 15 copies then jam occur. And it always jam at the same point : under the print drum between drum and pressure roller.

I have the RZ technical manual and perform many test but still I can't figure this issue.

I'm looking for an angel who can free me from this struggle.

Thank's all.
    Last edited by Dick78; 01-27-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Technician

Re: Recurring jam on Riso RZ 370 - Error code : J08 - 409

Hi,
    How many machines did the copiers do?
    Try to replace:
    CORE PICK UP ROLLER
    P.F.CUPLUNG

Good luck,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Recurring jam on Riso RZ 370  - Error code : J08 - 409

[QUOTE=Dick78;724049]. I start by cleaning all the dust in this machine and paper path. I also Change the scrapper roller, pickup roller, stripper pad.[QUOTE]

Did you just blow the the unit out with Air? I would suggest using "Simple Green" cleaner non-toxic.. not sure if avail in Paris. ** good for cleaning rollers they say to use soap-n-water on**

But still paper keep jamming under the drum and error message show on the panel is J08 and when press on [*] on the key pad I got -409.

[QUOTE] In the 1st time, it was always jamming at the 2nd copy
    But when I remove the stripper pad unit and clean all the dust using compressor, I succeed with 15 copies before it jam. [QUOTE]

Good! did you clean any optic sensors or any ink/glue etc from the plates n guides? *again Simple Green * might need to use Q Tip in the gaps on optical sensors

I have another RZ 370 witch is working without no issue.
    I swap the print drum with this one and I succeed copying 25 copies before it jam.
    I also swap the paper feed clutch but still I have issue.
    I reset also this machine to factory default.
    Sometimes I can print 05 ; 10 15 copies then jam occur. And it always jam at the same point : under the print drum between drum and pressure roller.
    I have the RZ technical manual and perform many test but still I can't figure this issue.
    I'm looking for an angel who can free me from this struggle.
    Thank's all.
    Like I have eluded to.. a lot of issues can be solved by a really GOOD cleaning.. Drum out.. Masters/Waste same.. clean all insides.. lube moving bars/gears *NOT TOO MUCH*..pay attention to sensors and build up on plates.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by misterno View Post
    Hi,
    How many machines did the copiers do?
    Try to replace:
    CORE PICK UP ROLLER
    P.F.CUPLUNG

Good luck,
    Do you mean Masters or copies ? This is an used machine but almost new. Copies : 4754 copies Masters : 223

Already change pick up roller; scrapper, stripper pad, paper feed clutch.

Regards
    Dick78

Technician

[QUOTE=Phil B.;724663][QUOTE=Dick78;724049]. I start by cleaning all the dust in this machine and paper path. I also Change the scrapper roller, pickup roller, stripper pad.[QUOTE]

Did you just blow the the unit out with Air? I would suggest using "Simple Green" cleaner non-toxic.. not sure if avail in Paris. ** good for cleaning rollers they say to use soap-n-water on**

[QUOTE] In the 1st time, it was always jamming at the 2nd copy
    But when I remove the stripper pad unit and clean all the dust using compressor, I succeed with 15 copies before it jam.

Good! did you clean any optic sensors or any ink/glue etc from the plates n guides? *again Simple Green * might need to use Q Tip in the gaps on optical sensors

Like I have eluded to.. a lot of issues can be solved by a really GOOD cleaning.. Drum out.. Masters/Waste same.. clean all insides.. lube moving bars/gears *NOT TOO MUCH*..pay attention to sensors and build up on plates.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I blow with air then use isopropylic alcohol to clean all rolers and the first and papers sensors. I remove the paper ejection mechanism and separation fan an blow both and clean them also with alcohol.

''Simple Green cleaner'' not available to us but some equivalent product can be found here or can order it on ''amazone'' or ''e-bay''.

In the manual, [J08-409 mean that the paper ejection sensor was off at the when the paper should arrive].

What I understand this sensor must be on when the paper arrive on the suction unit.
    When the paper is delaying under the drum make the sensor remain off and show this error message.

I'm going to remove the suction unit and check for this sensor and clean it too with alcohol.

Regards
    Dick78

What Misterno is referring to is the black core the rubber tires go on. There was a tech publication on the core part change. New part number 021-14302-204. The style that the RZ units came with would fail and cause jamming.
    Good luck.

1. J08-409 usually the black cores the pkup rollers go on. Good way to check if failing is when you pull them out shake next to your ear rapidly and if you hear some rattling replace them.
    2. Paper feed sensor by timing roller blow out that sensor, paper dust gathers there and "6" will be highlight on panel.
    3. This one sounds like the issue you're most likely having, the pad on the pressure lever assembly might be worn out since you mention it was used causing the timing of the pressure roller when hits up on the drum to be off causing the jam right under the drum and pressure roller. Seen this many times with some times the drum going dry due to the pressure roller not pressing hard enough up on the drum. Pad is call shocking absorber pad is all you would need then make the adjustment of pressure roller assembly timing which is how close it hits up on the drum usually just touching when you make the adjustment. There is a section on it in service manual if you have one. Good luck, one of these options should take care of it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It's the sensor around the registration rollers. It's dirty.... May have remove it to get a good cleaning if cleaning it in machine didn't work.