Thread: Riso RN2030UI

Riso RN2030UI

I have a Riso RN2030UI that gives me an A34-218, the service manual doesn't really help much on the issue. When making the master for a print job the duplicator jams the first master when it is headed to the master disposal, once the jammed master is removed I unroll the master roll back far enough that there is no slack but the master roll is not past the master stopper, if placed behind the master stopper the paper jams. If you do put the leading edge past the master stopper the roll works fine on the second attempt to make the master.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Riso RN2030UI

Re: Riso RN2030UI

Check your master removal belts. They may be stretched out and slipping.... or gummed up and sticking.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Check your master removal belts. They may be stretched out and slipping.... or gummed up and sticking.
    I think the issue may be caused by the master compression sensor . The compression plate never turns to dump the compressed master into the master disposal tray.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Run the compression plate in service mode TM 351

but the compression plate won't turn on if disposed master doesn't get in the disposal box in the allotted time. RN's had notorious disposal issues, so much so they designed an entire new unit to swap out. Think they had 12 disposal belts, which is 8 to many

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post

but the compression plate won't turn on if disposed master doesn't get in the disposal box in the allotted time. RN's had notorious disposal issues, so much so they designed an entire new unit to swap out. Think they had 12 disposal belts, which is 8 to many
    The unmodified RN master compression plate was kind of an overall dud as it had to smash the disposed master while pushing it into the disposal box. Fantastic concept, didn't work that great though.
    If the original compression plate hasn't been converted into just an actual compression plate from the kind of stupid waste master smasher, that's likely to cause problems like this too. Luckily, that conversion has been shared here before. And it is pretty easy too.

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post

I have replaced the compression plate sensor and motor connected to it as well and now the compression plate will not come out of a downward position. Do you have any link that would show me the newly designed disposal unit?

Re: Riso RN2030UI (UPDATED)

SOLUTION: I added two additional O-rings to the master disposal unit. In test mode #387, I slowed disposal drum rotation speed to 10 and in test mode #382, I sped the Master Disposal Motor Duration to 10, also. Duplicator tested and no error occurred.