Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Riso V8000 with error 47-092

Thumbs up Riso V8000 with error 47-092

Customer called and said he had a Riso v8000 with an error code 47-092. I have not serviced this machine but business is very slow and I need to try to do calls even on machines i am unfamailiar with. I did a search for this error code. Your help is very much apprecaited. Frank/AP

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Error 47-092 is a fuse error: F14 (24 V-C-Fuse) was cut.

The F14 fuse is connected with: Solenoid Counter, Main Forward / Reverse Relay; Interlock Relay; Elevator Motor; 1st master disposal motor; 1st master compression motor; 1st disposal plate motor; 1st clamp opening and closing motor; 1st print positioning pulse motor; 1st clamp slide motor; paper ejection motor; F pinch pulse motor; R pinch pulse motor; master making unit shift motor.

I must urge caution when working on this unit if you are unfamiliar with the V8000. This digital duplicator is more like an off-set press than a normal garden variety digital duplicator, which employs print drum and a pressure roller. The V8000 uses 2 print drums and a paper drum (like an off-set press). The pressure rollers are within the print drums and are metal. Adjustments can affect one or many more other adjustments and areas of the V8, and if performed incorrectly may cause more problems and even damage to the unit. It took / takes 2-4 days to set up and calibrated a V8, unlike a RZ990, MZ790, or DP-460 (Duplo) which will run out of the box / pallet.

If you can, look up my old boss at RISO (also formally at RISO) Carmine Giunta, Brooklyn NY - (number available at WhitePages.com, I just checked). I'm not sure what company he is with now, but he may be able to help and he really knows the RISO product.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by techathens; 12-08-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    Salesout Pro
    SalesoutPro@gmail.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Riso V8000 with error 47-092

Thumbs up

Thank you LH. The F14 fuse was blown as result of master jamming on was into deposit box. Had to take out exit roller unit to remove jammmed master. Drum clamp was flipped as well. I just got lucky as it wasn't any more involved. I wouldn't have known about drum clamp except that machine asked that i take a look at it. Happy Holidays. Frank

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Glad things worked out - those disposal boxes / units can be a bit buggy, but easy to repair even without the parts.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

- LHS