Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    dcr7

Re: Riso gr3770 Master Misfeed

Quote Originally Posted by bigste View Post
    Is the master roll the right way up and is it moving freely?
    Yes. The master roll is fine. I've taken it out and put it back in to make sure nothing was wrong with it.

Sounds like either something is in the master path or the cutter unit is stuck. Try pushing a sheet of paper down the master path to see if it catches. If it's a piece master, you might be able to push it out. Also try actuating the cutter in test mode to see if the cutter is jammed. Test Mode # 112.

dcr7

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    Sounds like either something is in the master path or the cutter unit is stuck. Try pushing a sheet of paper down the master path to see if it catches. If it's a piece master, you might be able to push it out. Also try actuating the cutter in test mode to see if the cutter is jammed. Test Mode # 112.
    I've tried pushing paper and chipboard through. Can't get either one through. I had a master tear, but I have removed every bit of it that I can see, and even unscrewed the green bar to get more out.

I cannot see any pieces of master creating any obstruction. What it looks like to me is that, where the master should go through, there is metal closed down, not permitting it to move past.

How do I try to actuate the cutter in test mode? The manuals I have don't mention a test mode.

Thanks!

Sounds like you need to invest in a tech and parts manual. But anyhow....
    Hold the L/P & M/P buttons down and turn on the Riso.
    Lift scanner unit up to and open the master making unit and rewind the master.
    Enter 112 on the keypad and push start. You should see and hear the cutter actuate, push start again if necessary. If the cutter does not actuate then the unit is bad. Needs repaired or replace. Good Luck.

dcr7

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    Sounds like you need to invest in a tech and parts manual. But anyhow....
    Hold the L/P & M/P buttons down You should see and hear the cutter actuate, push start again if necessary. If the cutter does not actuate then the unit is bad. Needs repaired or replace. Good Luck.
    Thanks for all your help! Apparently that's the problem. Cutter does nothing. I found a place to buy a service manual, but are there places to buy parts? Or do I just need to search eBay and hope for the best?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ebay is probably the best bet, tick the worldwide box on the left. Parts are not available new except for very few.

Hello everybody,

I know this is a very old thread but maybe someone can help.
    I have the same error "CLAMP ERROR - REMOVE MASTER ROLL THEN REINSTALL". I have tried the things said in this thread, but I have no master strips in the machine, the cutter is working during test mode(but the cutter button in the machine does not do anything when master is re-installed, no loose screw on the loading roll(running when trying to load master but very hard to move by hand when still). No master goes on the drum and I have tried different drums. I have cleaned the thermal head(but not with alcohol).
    I am working on a job next week and help would be much appreciated.

Unhappy Re: Riso gr3770 Master Misfeed

I have changed the whole module of Master Feeder and also change the drum and I still got this error. I also used the same Drum and Master Feeder into the same machines and on the other machine it is working fine without any issues.
    I don't get it why there is an error with Drum and Master Feeder on one machine and no error on the other. Any help?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Riso gr3770 Master Misfeed

Quote Originally Posted by bulgaria_mitko View Post
    I have changed the whole module of Master Feeder and also change the drum and I still got this error. I also used the same Drum and Master Feeder into the same machines and on the other machine it is working fine without any issues.
    I don't get it why there is an error with Drum and Master Feeder on one machine and no error on the other. Any help?
    dead thread of 8 yrs

please start your own thread

But still there is some useful information in this thread, why we should kill that information?