Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tim

Riso gr3770 Master Misfeed

I load master, close master loading unit. It feeds then stops with mess. "Master Misfeed Remove master roll then re-install". Just keeps repeating this pattern when I re-load. Any ideas?

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Well, if it were me I would run the load roller in test mode and see if I can stop it from turning with my finger. If so, then I would know that the set screw on the load roller gear has come loose (you can get to it behind the front cover).

However, you said something about a mess? Well, in that case I would think the load roller is turning. I wish you would have described the "mess" a little better. Like did it make it to the clamp? Did it get cut? Was there an associated code? A bit more info and I can be a lot more specific. Thanks.

Tim
    Sorry, there was no code, just the message "Master Misfeed Remove master roll then re-install". When I load the master and close the master loading unit, it spends about 10 seconds rolling the master then stops and shows above message. I then open master loading unit and master paper was rolled down roller and back up to exit (forming what would be a loop). Not sure it should follow that roller down like that, but it is not mangled and doesn't look all jammed up.

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Take a look at this diagram:

The area where 'B' is pointing is the 'well' where the master is tucked temporarily while it is being burned. The load roller will then drive it to the clamp on the drum. The pulley 'A' has a set screw on it which might have come loose (or the motor's pulley) and now the load roller is not turning. You can easily get to this stuff behind the back cover. Also, there could be something blocking the master positioning sensor. You can take a piece of card-stock and shove it through the cutter and knock any debris out that might be blocking the sensor (or you can remove the sensor and check it). From you symptom, it is very likely one of those things.

kpettert
    I have the similar problem, but I have isolated the cause to be a piece of masterpaper that is stuck in the spring behint the green plastic flaps. Any ideas how to remove this?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Exactly what Baphomet said. The only other thing I would add is the master loading mylars that guide the lead edge of the master to the clamp can get bent or nicked and block the master from loading. Or there is a piece of cut master strip blocking the loading sensor that you can't get out with the card-stock trick in which case you have to fully disassemble to remove.

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    When I would get cut master strips stuck in GR cutters, I would loosen the two screws holing down the green mylar guides. Open master loading unit, remove green metal with plastic guides. Then I would run the test mode to fire the cutter. The clogged CMS would come out as you ran this test mode.

totonicone
    are you still having this problem???
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I load master, close master loading unit. It feeds then stops with mess. "Master Misfeed Remove master roll then re-install". Just keeps repeating this pattern when I re-load. Any ideas?

dcr7

Re: Riso gr3770 Master Misfeed

I am experiencing this problem. Had a master go on the cylinder crooked. Didn't know that though--thought the artwork was crooked. So, it jammed when I created a new master. Cleaned all that out. Removed the crooked master stuck on the cylinder. None of the masters were torn, so there shouldn't be any loose pieces anywhere.

Now, it gives me the "Master Misfeed" error everytime I reload. It seems to fold up, accordion-style-ish. It doesn't seem to be able to reach the cutter at all. I slide the master under the green guides, but it cannot seem to go further. Cardstock cannot be forced through to the cutter either.

The image that Baphomet posted is no longer available--no doubt due to the age of this thread--but I did remove the back cover to see what I could see. As far as I can tell, everything looks okay. No loose or missing screws so far as I can tell. The pulley works. The motor works. I cannot see anything wrong.

Not sure what to try next. I don't really want to randomly take things apart, especially since I don't have any drawings or anything to suggest what I should try checking or removing, and don't want to end up with a pile of parts.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dan

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Riso gr3770 Master Misfeed

Is the master roll the right way up and is it moving freely?