Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riso GR3750

antoneue

Riso GR3750

Hey guys,

Just picked up a GR3570 in rather decent condition. I was a little uninformed as to how it would actually hook up to a printer. From searching around it looks like i'll need to get my hands on an SC7700? Was curious maybe if I could get some input as to what I would need to get it hooked up. It also looks like it has a provision for a SCSI card on the top lid portion, but no card… I assume that also has to get purchased?

Any help would be great.

Anthony
    Los Angeles

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar

SC 7700

I have a SC that I am looking to get rid of. Things you will need to make it work with your Riso. A options card, the cable, and the SC. I have the cable with the SC. I am not sure on how current the drivers that Riso has out for the SC-7700. But I have it if you are interested.

Joel

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    I have the option card and wiring needed, if you are still looking for this- email me-

ddigitaldude@hotmail.com

I also have an SC5500 that works well with the GR3750, with cable.

I also have for sale the RISO color separation software, if you want it.....

ddigitaldude@hotmail.com

printing zone
    So you have a driver for the 7700 tha will work with windows xp...JOHN

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar

Drivers

All drivers for Riso can be downlaoded via their website. www.riso.com

Raxha
    im looking all over to find drivers for Riso SC7700 on XP.. i just can't find it .. if anyone can show me where can i get the drivers for XP ill be very thankfull..

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    If there are no XP drivers, and I'm assuming that the RIP has PostScript, try this:

1.Download the Win NT PostScript driver from Riso, and extract the ppd file from the download.

2. Download the Universal PostScript Driver Installer. Adobe - PostScript printer drivers : For Windows : Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver Installer 1.0.6 - English

3. Run the installer, and select your ppd.

Since ppd files are normally not platform specific, that should work.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

jmp
    Maybe you already tried this, but if you go to the riso webpage, click on 'customer support', then 'technical support' it takes you to this page: https://us.riso.com/portal/page?_pag...al&_dad=portal
    where there is a "download print drivers" link. You have to sign up and get a login name and password, but you just need to enter your serial number and set a username and password and that will let you search for drivers based on your machine and operating system. Looking quickly at it right now, it looks like they only have drivers for Windows98 and WindowsNT.

I just went through this process a few weeks back looking for a Mac driver, didn't find it on the site, and ended up emailing driversupport@riso.com telling them my machine, serial, and what I was looking for. It took about a week for them to get back to me, but they eventually sent me the most recent one they had and it worked (though admittedly only on an older g4 machine).

good luck!

Raxha
    thnxx a lot for taking your time, but it looks like i got to install window 98 becouse it didtn't worked with postscript:S .. thnx if anyone knows anything else i'd appriciate it..

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp View Post
    Maybe you already tried this, but if you go to the riso webpage, click on 'customer support', then 'technical support' it takes you to this page: https://us.riso.com/portal/page?_pag...al&_dad=portal
    where there is a "download print drivers" link. You have to sign up and get a login name and password, but you just need to enter your serial number and set a username and password and that will let you search for drivers based on your machine and operating system. Looking quickly at it right now, it looks like they only have drivers for Windows98 and WindowsNT.

I just went through this process a few weeks back looking for a Mac driver, didn't find it on the site, and ended up emailing driversupport@riso.com telling them my machine, serial, and what I was looking for. It took about a week for them to get back to me, but they eventually sent me the most recent one they had and it worked (though admittedly only on an older g4 machine).

good luck!
    I can't stand Riso's web site because of that. I have a problem with the account I created, so I tried to get some help by clicking the link... boommmm link it dead. Epic FAIL. It's been a dead link for well over a year if not two years.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.