Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jeremyb

Riso RN2000ui Drum Problem

Greetings,

Well I tried to change the color on a RN series drum and I seem to have screwed something up because now no matter what drum I put in the machine it says incorrect drum type.

I have consulted the service manual but cannot find a reference for what the settings should be for a black drum so I can change things back.

Is there a way to just reset the settings back to factory? I went through the test mode screens but could not find any way to do it.

Thanks for your help!

Also anyone have a lead on where I can get a replacement drum screen for a Riso 3750?

Thanks,

Jeremy

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    Also anyone have a lead on where I can get a replacement drum screen for a Riso 3750?
    If you are interested in a complete, working, used GR 3750 drum (color or b/w) for $165.00 plus shipping email me-

ddigitaldude@hotmail.com

mcfarld

re: rn200ui Drum

I have the exact same problem. A tech told me that the drum, if used, may not be registering with the riso so you have to enter the tech screen and tell it that it's a color drum.

Not sure what the procedure is to access the tech screen though. Anybody know?

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    To get into service mode hold down the left and right print position buttons and turn the machine on.SP 587 is the color code and should be at 33 for black.Sp 588 is the drum code and should be at 3(default).
    Hope this helps

mcfarld

re; rn2000 drum

the 2000 doesn't have a 587 code... 586/588/589, but no 587.

Tech mode for the 2000ui is actually the process/print buttons. Had a service tech here this morning working on it so he taught me a couple of things, but we still coud not get the 2 color drums to work in the machine. Black is fine, but the green and the medium blue will not work.

Sorry.Thats for the 400dpi machine. I believe that 588 should be 42 for green and 37 for blue.Guess i need my sight enhancers!

Did you get t fixed?We would like to know