Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question Opening the front cover on a Riso RN2000

Hi there,

Following an error message T98-039, test mode functions are disbaled. I need to open the front cover of the Riso RN2000 but cant pull out the drum (green ligh is off).

Is there any way I can mechanically release the drum and pull it out OR somehow get to the electrical circuits behind the front cover?

ThanX

Dan

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar

There is

Under the drum there is a latch with a lock solenoid on it. I use a standard screw driver. The drum may not be in home position so be careful pulling it out. Put screw driver in slot move latch to the right and pull out drum.

ps

it the pressure roller is in the up position the drum will not come out if you move the latch over pull and it still will not come out easily then this roller is up and you will need to put it down first.

Technician

Drum solenoid release

Hi joelsa12 and thank you so much for your guidence.

I have tried putting a screwdriver in through the slot (bottom of the slot is at master & copies counters levele?) about 2 inces in tried shifting to right but could not release the drum .

How do I put the roller down?

Very much obliged

Dan from Denmark

Thought of two things

The RN series of machine sometimes throws clamp from the top of the drum into the machine. you will not be able to get the drum out. Here is what you should do. Take a flash light where the paper comes out. look in the machine. If the press roller is up you will see it up agains the drum. If it is not there is some thing else holding the drum in the machine. The Clamp. If the roller is up you will need to take the back off the machine. On the main board you will find a free rotation button. Hold that button down and the machine will cycle till you let go. Make sure it makes one completion and this should put the roller in the down position. If you push the button and you get a clicking and the machine is not moving then the drum is hung up on some thing. you could also manually rotate the drum with your had from the top of the machine untill it is in home and then the light would come on. Let me know if this helps

Technician
    Hi joelsa12,

Thank you so much for taking your time to assist me.

Following your instructions, have rotated the drum from the top manually and could see through the gap where the paper comes out that the press roll came down, there is also something like a little red flag that pops out at this possition.

Tried releasing the solenoid again with a screw driver but no-go

It seems like there is a hardware problem, I get T98-039 so may be that is why the green light does not come on.

The printer has only 7 masters and 7 copies on it even though it is from 2002.

Any other tips would be very much appriciated

Dan from Denmark

Drum Still Stuck

Hmm I have seen put the drum in 180 degrees out of time. If this is the case it is wedged in there really well. If the press roller is down and the latching mech is unlocked there should be nothing holding that drum in the machine. That is unless the clamp has fallen off, but we already discussed that. I would imagine the red flag that you are seeing is actually orange and it is the seperator. It should be in the down position when the drum is in home to pull it out of the way. I am not too sure where to tell yyou to go at this point. I would take off the recieving tray and take out the transport section. This is the section that delivers the paper to the recieving tray. I believe you take off a plate, then there are two screws and two connectors on it. This will give you access to the innner part of the machine. Look arround in there and if you do not see any strange parts laying around I think that you will just have to use some muscle to get it out. You will need to make sure the locking solenoid is open then go in through where we took out the transport section and push on the front of the drum to get it out. Good luck.

Technician
    Hi Joelsa12

I am affraid of using too much force cause I am not that familliar with Risos. Can't see any strange parts around.

Will try once again tomorrow and hope luck will be one my side...

In any case THANX very very much for all your efforts.

Be well

Dan From Denmark