Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: gr 1750 problem

paul printer

gr 1750 problem

hope you can help,
    machine running fine, except,
    after a few thousand run, ink builds up in each corner of bottom of plate, and when i put to highest speed, plate starts to pull out of grip to one side, if i dont notice ink build up, it eventually gets on pressure roller and ruins back, could it be pressure roller is too close to drum.
    as i said hope you can help

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar

Lots of things that could be wrong!

First of all check your pressure roller. They will sometimes swell on the end of the follers and cause this. For the pulling out at high speed I would check the bearings on your pressure roller. Make sure that they rooll freely. Also check and make sure that the 0-180 magnet is not sticking up. There is a collar that rolls around the end of the drum and if it is sticking up the clamp will open a little each time that the drum rotates. Check these and let me know what you find.

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Check to see if the pressure roller is parallel.Pull out the support that it sits in and make sure that the roller is in the middle of the support.If it is not then that may be the reson the master is pulling out from the clamp.Also check the pressure roller in the middle.If you run a lot of NCR it will tend to swell in the middle and push ink out of the master.