Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar

Too many answers not enough info!

There are many things that can cause the pressure roller not to engauge. Please send photo of the two round discs that are located in the back middle of machine. By looking at these I will be able to tell if the machine needs to be timed or if it is a part. Thanks.

Technician
    Great!

Here is the picture of the back:

IMG_0202_1.jpg

As a reminder, originally the drum stuck inside and I follow some guides here to take the drum out. Then I pull the rotary to "home" position. At that time, I unhook the pressure hook. Then the "problem" happen.

Thank you very much.

Chris

Out of time

You need to loosen the drive belt.(done at the paper feed clutch) And the disc on the right while sitting at the back of the machine needs to have the small timing mark on the disk right under the sensor that reads it. The disc on the left should have the dot right in the middle of the sensor just like it is. Looks like something was impeading the drum while the main motor was still driving. Good luck.

Did you fix it?

I save you money and no feed back????? You need help and once you get it you are gone. A simple thanks is good enough. Next time I will not be so fast to diagnose your ills.

Technician
    Oopps... I am not gone yet. I am still try my very best to follow what you said... I am just too focus on that and I would like to get some progress before I give you reply.

Sure you have my heartily thanks. THANKS and I will post the result later as well.

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c.chris View Post
    Great!

Here is the picture of the back:

IMG_0202_1.jpg

As a reminder, originally the drum stuck inside and I follow some guides here to take the drum out. Then I pull the rotary to "home" position. At that time, I unhook the pressure hook. Then the "problem" happen.

Thank you very much.

Chris

Looking at this picture, with the timing so far out, it looks like the drum clamp may have got caught in the disposal hooks. Maybe why your drum was difficult to take out. I think even if you do manage to get the timing in, there may be some under lying issues going on there. Basically, something caused to timing to go out and getting the timing back in won't be the end of your troubles I fear.

Technician
    Thanks guys and I am still waiting for a services manual from my friend in order to work out what joelsa12 recommended. It looks like a simple problem but end up it is not as simple as I thought.

I will post an update...

Service Manual???

Find the feed clutch, pull off the spring that is conected to the casing around the clutch. loosen three screws on frame that tighten the drive belt with the clutch. do not let the gear on the main shaft turn. this is the disk on the left of the machine that should have the dot right in the middle of the sensor. You can lock it down if you would like, but it is easier to just loosen the belt around the main motor. (disc on the right is attached to this) and turn the main motor with out letting it turn the belt. I would imagine that you put in a different color and the drum had been sitting around for awhile. this caused the clamp to go in the disposal due to the fact that there was a lot of ink built up under the clamp. the whole process should take 5 mins. if that. i am happy that you are getting a manual. most people would not go that far. pm me if you would like to call me and i will tell you how to do it if you can not figure it out.

Technician

Great!

You are great, joelsa12.

I will first study what you said and make sure I understand what you described. Then I will do the "5 minutes task". Ha ha ha... I don't think it takes me 5 minutes. Sure I will update the result here.

Thanks!

Chris

Technician

It WORKS!!

Hey, joelsa12, it works great and it is exactly like what you said. You are amazing correct and it really takes 5 minutes to get it fixed. Thank you so much and CableGuy as well.

You are Amazing, Joelsa12.