Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyb503 View Post
    I believe it started to happen when we installed a drum and got some advice from a technician about how to change the color of the drum to blue instead of black.

I have the factory drum installed now it is black. Is that A3 or B4? I thought originally that we could just change dip switches on this drum just like we did on our GR series machine when we needed to change the color of a drum on that machine. I can't find any switches on this drum. I took the dust cover off and I didn't see any. Is there somewhere else I should look?

I have a different drum that we purchased thinking there was a problem with the black drum (it is a green one) and I get the same error when I install that one.

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy

The problem did start when you changed your black drum in to a colour drum. your black drum Ink Cartridge Set Switch PCB has 5 sensors and your colour PCB has only 3 sensors.

So firstly you will have to go and check and see if it has 5 sensors. put a black cartridge in to your drum just to see if the massage disapears. That way you will know if it is that switches that is giving you the problem. But with all the changes you have made up untill now i will first reset the machine back to its origanal settings and then start doing the checks.

If your black drum is working then you know it can only be switches or a wrong drum type. It might bee that you have a RN2500 drum and not a RN2000/2100 drum

Good luck
    What? HuH?

Technician
    D02-532 Wrong type print cylinder installed

The drum that is in the machine now is the original black drum that we got with the machine. It currently has a black cartridge in it.

I would love to reset the setting back to factory. How do I do this? What should the position of the switches be and how do I change them?

Rens

Re: D02-532 Wrong type print cylinder installed

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem with my RN2000 machine.

I have originally a black drum. Recently I' e bought a used Fluorescent orange + and a Green Drum from the RN Series. The Green one work right out of the box, but the orange one gives this error. I think part of the problem is that the machine registers the drum as a Black drum in the UI and the Green one as color. is There anyway to reset this?

I've read something about techmode/test mode. I've tried getting into that mode, (hold down position buttons while turning on the machine) but the machine doesn't seem to respond any different.

Any thoughts? Tips? Please help!

Rens

To anyone with an RN2000 machine; to access test mode hold down line/photo and master test buttons at the same time. couldn't find that anywhere online.

after that; these steps worked for me! Thanks @Brave Hart

Execute Test Modes Nos. 080 (Clear Error-Status Data),
    081 (Clear User Memory),
    and 082 (Clear Test-Mode Data Setup).
    Run Test Mode No. 588 (Print Drum Code), and enter the code of the currently set print drum if it is a (A4 black drum put in 5 and if it is a colour drum put in 6) If it is a B4 drum put in 3 for black and 4 for colour.
    Run Test Mode No. 557 (Inking Action).
    Lets see if that works.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i was having the same error with two color rp drums.
    I followed Brave Hearts instructions and it worked for the first drum (a a3 red drum that was set to a4 purple or something?!). But trying with my second drum (green) that gives this error it wont work. I changed the settings, a couple of times, because it seemed they were not retained. Now they are but still gives me the error. Also, in test mode the drum prints fine (test prints) haha

I bought this for cheap online, so im happy with the one drum already, but its weird that the first one works and the second wont.

Any tips? I tried 'resetting' the whole machine (holding the yellow button on startup is that correct?) but it ll just throw the wrong drum error...

Thanks,
    then

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by then View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i was having the same error with two color rp drums.
    I followed Brave Hearts instructions and it worked for the first drum (a a3 red drum that was set to a4 purple or something?!). But trying with my second drum (green) that gives this error it wont work. I changed the settings, a couple of times, because it seemed they were not retained. Now they are but still gives me the error. Also, in test mode the drum prints fine (test prints) haha

I bought this for cheap online, so im happy with the one drum already, but its weird that the first one works and the second wont.

Any tips? I tried 'resetting' the whole machine (holding the yellow button on startup is that correct?) but it ll just throw the wrong drum error...

Thanks,
    then
    If you are still here, the Riso RN and RP lines are very different. If you want answers, you should start a new thread. We welcome that.

Zoutpansberg

I have the same problem on my EZ370E.
    I have tried all the advice given but nothing the error remains .

Lightbulb Re: D02-532 Wrong type print cylinder installed

I am on a RISO SF9450 and this worked for me:

Error: D02-532
    Wrong-type Ink print Drum Installed, Replace with Correct Type.

Solution:
    1: Install a drum that is accepted by your printing machine.
    2: When the printer is off, keep press and holding the left and right buttons, then switch the printer on. It should now show a "TEST MODE" splash-screen on the display,
    3: Input number"9874", and press"Start”,
    4: Input number "1210”, and press "Start",
    5: You should now be able to read a number. For instance: “33”, now we need to set the new drum with the same number in order for it to be accepted by the printer.

6: Turn off the machine, remove the working drum and install the new drum.
    7: When the printer is off, keep press and holding the left and right buttons, then switch the printer on. It should now show a "TEST MODE" splash-screen on the display,
    8: Input number"9874", and press"Start”,
    4: Input number "1210”, and press "Start",
    5: Set the number to the number you read before at point 5, for instance: “33”. If it doesn’t let you, you should first press the reset button and then enter the new number.
    6: Turn off the printer and turn on again.