Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Remove Jammed Master in Disposal Unit

I purchased a black GR3770 drum on eBay and when I put it into my riso it made a strong thumping sound (several thumps) during the master making process, stopped, and displayed a master error message. The master was properly installed and upon closing the unit a Remove Jammed Master in Disposal Unit message displayed.

I emptied and reinserted the master disposal tray but the message still displays.

Another post, on a different site, indicated that removing the power for a couple minutes or reinserting the master roll should resolve the problem. Neither of these worked.

Note: I am not able to remove the drum -- OK light is extinguished.

Please help.
    Last edited by petergun1; 08-28-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by petergun1 View Post
    I purchased a black GR3770 drum on eBay and when I put it into my riso it made a strong thumping sound (several thumps) during the master making process, stopped, and displayed a master error message. The master was properly installed and upon closing the unit a Remove Jammed Master in Disposal Unit message displayed.

I emptied and reinserted the master disposal tray but the message still displays.

Another post, on a different site, indicated that removing the power for a couple minutes or reinserting the master roll should resolve the problem. Neither of these worked.

Note: I am not able to remove the drum -- OK light is extinguished.

Please help.
    Hi there.

In the middle of your master removal unit is a sensor check that there is not pieces of master wrapped around the rollers by that sensor.

The drum not going back to home position can be that your clamper plate got stuck in your master removal claws that are most likely the noise you heard.
    You will have to turn the drum back a little bit manually and then press the green button again.

Good luck.
    What? HuH?

Technician
    I finally had an opportunity to work on the 3770 and your advice about turning the drum back really helped. I manually removed the master and now it works and prints great.

Thanks!

at first remove the master from the rollers in the master removal unit and then In the middle of your master removal unit is a sensor check that there is not pieces of master wrapped around the rollers by that sensor.
    return the clamp to home position and pull out the drum with unlocking drum if it dont pull out under the drum is a plate with screw driwer unlock it and then pull out drum and check the clamp gear at the end of the clamp and check the magnet at the end of gear inthe rear of drum