Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC-7700

emiln

Re: SC-7700

I'm new here but I think can shed some light on these cables,
    and hopefully get some ideas back as well, as I'm trying to create one from components.

I have a GR3770, PCB, SC7700, and the special ("Riso SCII") cable is missing. Total nightmare.
    I'm determined to make my own however as $200 is ridiculous for some pins and plastic.

Research:
    I found a product ID# on the connector coming from the PCB (Risograph) side and it reads "JAE DCUH 37S".
    A quick google search brings me : here
    This proves that one side of the cable is in fact a d sub.
    This connector can be had for a cool $7 on eBay : here

Problem #1:
    The connector end on the SC7700 presents the challenge. Unlike the other end this end has 36 pins (1 less pin), and no visible ID#. It shares the signature D shaped metal shield as the other end only much smaller. I don't think it is d-sub-micro however, because unlike the male d-sub-micro connectors which have a solid plastic bar floating in the middle (of which the pins are "embedded into"), this male connector would need to have just the pins floating alone (similar to normal d sub male cables).

Later this week I will be taking apart the SC7700 to see if I can find an ID# for this connector on the inside of the housing. If not the only other option is to do this in crude fashion - sticking pins into each of the 36 holes and wiring them accordingly to the d sub side that goes to the Risograph PCB.

Problem#2:
    Does anyone here know how a 37 pin connector would wire to a 36 pin connector ??? My plan was to wire pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, etc. then just leaving the odd 37th hole on the Risograph side empty. Anyone know any electronics forums that might be able to answer this?

Thanks for any help!!!! Updates to follow.

emiln

Update : found some great pictures of the connectors on German eBay.

The 37 pin goes to the Riso PCB, the other to the SC. I think that the SC side is an SCSI-2 DH (High Density?) connector based on comparisons to this site, however I'm having great trouble finding any 36 pin HD SCSI-2 connectors period. Most are 50 pins which is no good.

Looks like the cable housing reads "awm style 20276 vw-1 ieee 1284 cable".

Guess I just keep digging through the internet. Clues anyone?

Side question : can anyone can verify that the SC7*** series is a reference to SCSI connections?

riso connect.jpgsc connect.jpg

emiln

Update:

This is a pretty nerdy site depicting all things SCSI related :
    SCSI Connectors and Cable information | Ram Electronics Here I found no trace of anything with 36 pins like the picture I posted above. In fact I can't find any trace whatsoever on the entire internet of a 36 pin high density SCSI-2 cable, or any 36 pin cable that is similar for that matter. Hugely disappointing. Maybe Riso had this connector made special just for them? Anyway it looks like I'll have to pay over $150 on ebay just for this cable ((( . Maybe I'll take it apart and figure out how to make my own to sell them to everyone for cheap. Curious if the DH50 SCSI cable can be modified to a 36 somehow...

Please if anyone can offer so much as a remote hint on these cables let the world know!

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

These cables have always commanded a high price-I think that they are proprietary.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Well, not exactly on point..

But after trying a USB extender on a MZ990 and a PS7R-5000, the cables MAY be standard, But the signals and protocol is another Riso Mystery, just like the old Linux mess on the SC7700 and the SC7950. :s

O well.

wheitz

Will an sc-7700 work with a RC-6300 machine? I have an interface card that looks to be scsi. never seen an sc-7700 up close.

Hello i really need help connecting the Riso gr3770 37 pin to SC7700. So i dont have a cable and i wish to make one, the 36 pin plug that goes to the SC7700 is is easy to find and i will wire it directly to the 37 pins in the Riso but i need wiring diagram for those pins. If anybody has such a cable could you please test it and let me know how the pins in the cable are connected?. thank you so very much for any help

Quote Originally Posted by emiln View Post
    Update:

This is a pretty nerdy site depicting all things SCSI related :
    SCSI Connectors and Cable information | Ram Electronics Here I found no trace of anything with 36 pins like the picture I posted above. In fact I can't find any trace whatsoever on the entire internet of a 36 pin high density SCSI-2 cable, or any 36 pin cable that is similar for that matter. Hugely disappointing. Maybe Riso had this connector made special just for them? Anyway it looks like I'll have to pay over $150 on ebay just for this cable ((( . Maybe I'll take it apart and figure out how to make my own to sell them to everyone for cheap. Curious if the DH50 SCSI cable can be modified to a 36 somehow...

Please if anyone can offer so much as a remote hint on these cables let the world know!

Sorry to re open the post five years later, i’m having the same issue, did you (or anyone) end up with any luck?

Thx
    giulio

Just for info, i ended up buying an original Riso cable, if anyone is interested pm me i can also go and map the pins so that the Video Cable Arcanum can finally be resolved