Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question Riso GR 3750 alignment, drum and colour change questions

1. Prints do not appear on the same place on the paper each time. This causes most problems when I switch drums to print a second colour over a previous print. Does anyone know how I can get the prints to appear consitently in the same place on the paper? Also is there a recommended time to wait for ink to dry before running a print through a second time?

2. I have the opportunity to pick up an extra colour drum, but it is not the colour I would like to use. Does anyone know a procedure for changing the colour of the drum?

3. I keep getting a "replace the ink cartridge" message one one of my drums when there is plenty of ink in the cartridge? Can anyone advise me of a solution?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi,
    1.Is the image different for each master or each print with the same master.
    2.If you know how to remove the screens you can manually remove ink (not great) or you can simply put in the different color and run about 500 copies 11x17 heavy coverage copies.
    3.Many generic inks have this problem (tab in the wrong spot)Buy some Riso brand ink and I bet you will be o.k.
    Good luck,
    Tech boy

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TECH BOY View Post
    Hi,
    1.Is the image different for each master or each print with the same master.
    2.If you know how to remove the screens you can manually remove ink (not great) or you can simply put in the different color and run about 500 copies 11x17 heavy coverage copies.
    3.Many generic inks have this problem (tab in the wrong spot)Buy some Riso brand ink and I bet you will be o.k.
    Good luck,
    Tech boy
    Sounds like you have a reg roller that needs cleaning or replacement. The brake on it is probably starting to go out.

One thing to help with color registration is when you run the Rizo, run it at it's SLOWEST setting. This will help cut down on the "walk"
    HTH

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I have drums for sale....call me at 716-832-4950.

Technician

Image different on same roller

Thanks for all your replies.

The "walk" problem seems to be with one drum only, where the image progressively moves a distance of just over a cm then restarts the journey again.

What would I need to do to fix the drum?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmck View Post
    Thanks for all your replies.

The "walk" problem seems to be with one drum only, where the image progressively moves a distance of just over a cm then restarts the journey again.

What would I need to do to fix the drum?

Thanks.
    Varying registration is usually the guild roller brake. (I'm sure I spelled something wrong in there. )

Technician

Guide roller brake

can anyone tell me where this is and what I can do to see if it is working.

Thanks.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Riso GR 3750 alignment, drum and colour change questions

At the back side of the drum in question, look at the coupler where the machine drum drive "key" fits into. It is surrounded by 3 allen screws. Make sure these are tight.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    At the back side of the drum in question, look at the coupler where the machine drum drive "key" fits into. It is surrounded by 3 allen screws. Make sure these are tight.
    Yeah, I missed the part were you said it was only 1 drum. Mik is right, that's probably it.