Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bitterroot Charles

Riso GR 3770 New Ink Shipment Problem

Previously my ink supplier's Riso compatible GR 3770 HD black ink has worked fine.

But today's newly received black ink shipment isn't working although the tubes appear to seat properly in the machine: when a tube is inserted in the drum, it didn't remove the Message, "Install Ink Cartridge." The new shipment doesn't say "HD" but it does say, "Digital Duplicator Ink Premium Black: GR/RA/RC series." In addition there is a sticker added that says, "For use in Risograph 3750/3770, RC/RA, 680GRF"

I phoned the supplier and questioned whether the problem is that it isn't HD ink, but they say this is what they ship to 3750 and 3770 machines and it works fine.

Note: I tried using my exhausted cartridge (which does say "HD") again after pushing the disk inside further to the front with a stick, and the machine accepted it like a new cartridge and said "close front cover" so I take that to mean the machine works ok when the ink and cartridge are right.

Question: If I have been supplied non HD ink, should it work anyway in my GR 3770 Riso?

I'm going to talk again Monday with my supplier who is very willing to make things right. Any suggestions about this problem? Thanks, Charles.

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Check the position of the tab at the front of the bottle compared to your old bottle.You will probably find that the tabs are in different places.That tab pushes on switches located in the drum to tell it which ink is installed.

Bitterroot Charles
    Thank you. Upon examination I see that the tabs are different. That is valuable information and it helps. (I wondered how the machine could be so smart).

Do you know if the regular ink used in such as the lower dpi GR 3750 will also work in the higher dpi GR 3770 which normally calls for HD or high definition ink. Best wishes and kindest regards--Charles.

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Other than filliing the old tube with the 3750 ink...no.They are different inks (as far as i know) but the bottles are different for sure.Not sure of the the difference from the inks between the 3750 and 3770 other than the bottle and the price.