Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Age of your Risograph

I found this in a Riso HC5500 blog and as I have not seen it anywhere else, I thought the Riso multitudes might be interested. Also kind of explains the model letter meaning.

RG Series - RISOgraph 1986
    RC Series - RISO Connected 1988
    RA Series - RISO Advanced 1991
    GR Series - Greater RISO 1994
    TR Product - Tiny RISO 1994
    CR Product - Compact RISO 1997
    FR Series - Finer RISO 1999
    RN Series - RISO Networked 2000
    RP Series - RISO Printer 2001
    V8000 - 2-color one pass 2002
    RZ Series - RISO Ultimate 2004
    HC5000 -Full color printer 2004
    MZ Series - 2 color single pass 2005

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    If your still looking for a HC 5500 I can get you a demo mach we have in our show room with 150,000 copies made on it real cheap. Call 716-832-4950 best to ask for Ward...he's the owner and sales guy that can can tell you more about it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Uggg... HC.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    LOL spoken by some one that may have little experience or a bad experience with HC's? I have several out in the field and as long as you use them they run perfectly. If you don't use the HC the ink in the heads dries up and you have to make sure to clean them before you use them.

Who was he talking to?

I posted the date list, never said anything about wanting an HC. Just happened to stumble upon it in some HC blog.

Actually, I could have taken over the lease of a pretty new one (5500) in Miami but seeing as the guy was going broke, didn't think it was a good idea. Besides, the payments were more than the cost of my house each month and I live in a market with 25,000 people (Key West, FL) and there would never be enough work for it to say nothing of lots of competition here. Never mind $240 or more for one ink container.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Please post the blog address. It sounds interesting to me that has allot of experience on them. The one I mentioned can be purchased for $22k-20k depending if it's sold with the scanner.......which is a really good deal on a HC with rip and scanner.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I've worked on them (still do) Don't think we have too many out there as of right now. Honestly, we would have sold A LOT more if they suckers didn't cost $40k I could see about $20k for a new one, maybe $15k, then they would move like hot cakes. But yeah, don't use them and they become a pain REAL fast!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Really all you have to do if you don't use the HC all that much is program it to clean it's self more often. The HC is a mach though that is made to run and save you lots of money on copies that no other mach in the market an compare not sit around for short runs. Ya the HC would move allot more if the price was lower but the price I mentioned is at dealer costs and I would like to see a mach like it for that price or full retail that you mentioned. Truth is there is no mach...yet that can do what the HC does and can do it at the costs it does.

HC's on eBay

The 5000 are being sold on eBay for 5 to 8K or so, and the 5500 for a bit more.

My postage meter is always self-cleaning itself so the ink jet does not dry out.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    If you can find a 5500 for a little more then 8k I for one would be very surprised. Please post the ones you found. I would also wonder why it's so cheap cause these mach's will run with millions of copies like they are brand new.