Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Master Misfeed

sng4prt

Master Misfeed

I posted to the wrong forum. I think I'm in the right place now.
    I am not a technician, but machine problem "fixer" most of the time. Our Riso GR1700 is way out of warranty and the school will no longer call a real repairperson. The error code is C26, but I have been everywhere I can find to look for a master misfeed. How can I access the entrance into the master disposal? Is there a schematic to show just what will move and can be removed? I'm ready to use a hammer.
    Thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Get a flashlight and maybe a rubber glove. Pull out drum and set aside on the table. Remove disposal box. Open master making cover on right side. Look towards the disposal box area from the master making side. There is a yellow lever on the front and rear, lift the tab up, turn it 90 degrees grab the metal in the middle and lift straight up. Probably in the middle of the rollers on that bar is a master wrapped around it. Take flashlight and check that area in the machine from the disposal box side. Remove all scraps that you find. Get a Q-tip and alcohol and clean that sensor in the middle of the rollers.

If the disposal hooks are broken you will get these jams, or if the matal catches on the disposal box are bent/broken, or if the 1-way gear off the disposal motor is slipping.