Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riso GR3750

OMD-227

Riso GR3750

Hi everyone,

Just have a question on a Riso GR3750.

A client has one of these in his office as well as their Sharp MX5500N. The Riso is showing 'Call for Service T11'.

I have no idea, and said I would find out some info for him.

Any suggestions? Frankly, I dont care about it as I will not be fixing it. I'm just being friendly and said I would see what the code means. If its something simple.... great...... if not..... I dont want to know about it!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi there,
    I have a GR3750 manual but I won't be able to get it until tomorrow.I will check the t11 code and post it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Sorry another tech has the manual and I could not check the code yet.There will likley be a second part to the code T11-??? .I will post again.

OMD-227
    Thanks alot Techboy.

As I said, its definitely not urgent. I really couldnt care less about it. I was just getting some info to pass onto the client so they could assess whether it was worth getting someone in for repairs, or maybe a trip to the metal recyclers.

Have no idea what the sub-code would be. The display just said 'Call for service T11'.

I would be guessing that the T would stand for Transfer??

Not a big deal. If you get some info, I'll pass it on. My client would appreciate any advice. He already knows what I think of it!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi again,
    No problem.T code simply mean trouble.I beleive the 11 means drive system and a subcode will narrow it down again.I will get the info and post as soon as I can.Have a good night!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    One more thing, many Riso codes are cleared by holding the clear key down while turning the machine on and holding it for 5 seconds.Just in case you need it.

Later

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi again,
    So the t11 is a preasure control motor lock.There is a large black roller the rides up against the drum to put preasure on it.It is on a cam that will apply preasure as the paper passes between the drum and black preasure roller.This mechanism moves up and down depending where the user has set the preasure ( you will see this ajustment on the front panel).This code means that the motor that controls this preasure is locked for some reason.If you are not trained on this machine it can be a bit hard.If you are going to give this a try let me know and I will describe what to look for.Sorry it wasn't an easy one.....

OMD-227
    Thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate it alot!!

Anyways, there is no way I'm touching that thing to begin with. Simply not my area of expertise nor in a company that deals with it.

I'll pass on what you have said. It is totally up to them what they do with it. Honestly.... its in the way when I service their C-Dragon, so if it was to somehow disappear.... I wouldnt be really concerned about the machine's welfare. I think it has had a good run.

Thanks so much for the info. I'll up your rep.

Cheers mate.
    Wazza.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    No problem, you are very welcome.

Just a funny story.I actually sold two Riso machines(3750 and a 1750) to a print shop in Geralton WA in the mid 90's.They flew me there to set it up ( 30 hours in the air).I absoloutly love Australia!
    Have a great night.

OMD-227
    Mate, you can crash at my place anytime. Melbourne is just a little bit bigger than Geraldton (by maybe a few million!!) Fellow techies always welcome.