Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    baapsystems

Exclamation GR 3750 Print Head Issues?

I am a new owner of an old GR3750. When I had a paper jam and tried hard to remove it, I started having problems of master misfeed. When that was resolved, I discovered that, the print was only coming out on some parts of the papers and the rest blank. A local photocopy repairer is telling me that it is the print head. What should I do friends?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi,
    Try making the test sheet ( checker pattern) from test mode.This print test is from memory so it will eliminate the scanner.Also check to see if the thermal head is latched down properly.Take the current master off by hand and check to see if there is any pieces of old master underneth.And last try a new roll of masters ,I have seen some bad master usually the generic type.If it is the thermal head you will want to find a used one and make sure you calibrate it correctly.
    Good luck,
    Tech boy

baapsystems

Exclamation RISO GR3750

Dear Tech Boy, Thank you for your response. A test page was actually printed and it came out blank!! Nothing was printed on it. But when we produced a master, half of the page has prints, middle is blank and small end has print. Kindly help again. Peter

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baapsystems View Post
    Dear Tech Boy, Thank you for your response. A test page was actually printed and it came out blank!! Nothing was printed on it. But when we produced a master, half of the page has prints, middle is blank and small end has print. Kindly help again. Peter
    Pull the drum out and take the master off the drum (both of them) you probably have one master on top of the other. The first one is folded over and didn't come off when you got the master misfeed problem.