Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    RTT

Risograph RA 5900 Error Message

Hello,

I am new to these forums and hope to get a bit of info to deal with a problem I've been unable to solve myself. I'm having a problem with an error message on a Risograph RA 5900. The message is "E60". Which means there is an obstacle stuck in the paper feed tray. I've checked all possible areas for jams and can't see where the sensors would be.

Thanks in advance.

RTT
    Also I should mention that I have tried holding the Reset button to reset the control panel and rebooted the machine by holding P/M & Original while starting up the machine then --->90 start. If I add paper the paper tray will not raise into position as everything is locked out.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I know on the GR's you had to cut the tie wrap below the tray because it would cause all kinds of troubles. God I haven't seen an RA in like 7+ years (if not more) Does the tray at least move up and down?

RTT
    Thanks for the reply RRodgers.
    The tray is currently all the way down. I'll have a look for the tie you mentioned. All controls on the panel and the paper tray button are locked out. There must be a sensor that is being blocked somewhere - maybe dirty?? Do you have any idea where to get a service manual for this old beast?

Wink

hi....i experience this problem but with other model RZ230...i found lower plate does not touch the actuating
    switch which activating the paper tray lift...i hope it is help my dear..

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    This is going way back in my memory, but I think that an E-60 is a safty swith error. Underneath the black plastic around the card and normal lever there is a metal bar. This is attached to a switch. This would get stuck in the up position. Push it down and it should go away. There is another switch on the bottom of the tray, but I never saw any troubles out of it. The switch could be bad or it like to collect paper dust in it and error code. If pushing it down does not work then I would take out the two screws and blow the switches out. Worst case scenerio would be the voltage line on the power supply board is bad. Then you would have to throw it away. Also I would make sure that all the fuses are good on the PSB if cleaning out the switches does not work. Good luck the RA 5900 was a very good machine in its day.