Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Gest. 5309L - master feed jams.

Have a 5309L that has master feed jams. They are intermittent but would happen once every 3 to 5 masters. I have replaced the master clamp release lever and the white plastic receiver on the master clamp lever. Cleaned the 4 sensors that read the position of the drum and swapped the sensor around for the master feed position. I also cleaned the 2 sensors that work on the postion of the master clamp release lever drive. The only other thing I can mention is I hear a bang when it goes to open the master clamp and then jams. No bang when it feeds fine. I hope I have not confused anyone.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Here are a few TSB's that may help...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Don't take that toner with me!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for the help, they did not solve the issue. /the parts are already updated. I did notice though that SP 22 and 23 were not set to factory default. I tried them at default and tried 23 at different settings and did not solve my problem. Could never get it within 11 mm on that one bulletin. But again thanks and I will hold on to those bulletins.

Have you cleaned the sensors for the pressure cylinder? You have to remove it to get to them.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I am not sure. I cleaned the 2 sensors at 1 o'clock position, the 4 o'clock position, which I believe the master eject position and the 8 o'clock position, which I believe is the master feed position. If I get the position wrong, it is because I did over a week ago and forgot exactly what position they were. I swapped the master feed drum position sensor with the sensor at the 1 o'clock position. I also cleaned and swapped the 2 sensors that detects the position of the linear gear that moves the master clamp release lever in the back. I hope I have not confused you to much.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

re

Is the problem with the drum or the machine.

If you didn't completely remove the large pressure cylinder from the machine, you probably didn't get to the sensors. Sometimes timing issues between the drum and pressure cylinder causes problems. Also you may want to try replacing the whole master clamper assembly, if cleaning the sensors doesn't help. I don't think they are that much $$.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

My manager has now taken it over. I have sent the info on to him. Thanks for all your help.