Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Re: RISO SC7700 Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Thanks for your repley but:

I got the information from Riso telling me that a connection (compatiballity) is not possible between SC7700 and the iMAC with Intelprocessor.
    In other words a Driver for the iMAC (Intel) is not available.
    I am glad that we have contributors here that can get Macs to work with our equipment- Thank you for your knowledge!!!

Remember the Barbie math doll?

Math is hard!!!!

Well, let's modify that for us copier guys.....

'Macs is hard'............................................. .................................................. ..................................
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Greencorn View Post
    I would be interested in knowing how to run my SC7700 with my MacBook Pro with OS 10.6.8 installed. We also

My duplicator is a GR3770.

Thanks a lot!

hi, unfortunately apple got rid of appletalk in 10.6. the only way to use a SC7700 rip is to know the IP address of your SC7700 (you can set up an IP address in OS9/Windows using the console program) the current IP address is printed when you do a self test page, - hold the 'start' button down when you power on the SC7700 :

- get the PPD file (see attached files)
    - open print&fax preference pane in system preferences
    - click add printer
    - select 'IP'
    - enter the IP address of the SC7700 in the 'Address' field (something like 192.168.1.26)
    - give it a name in the 'name' field (like SC7700)
    - choose one of the downloaded PPD in the 'print using' field by selecting 'other...'

this works!
    but relies on having set the IP address of your SC7700 to an IP on your network..
    hope that helps
    zx81
    Attached Files Attached Files

kpettert

Quote Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
    hi, unfortunately apple got rid of appletalk in 10.6. the only way to use a SC7700 rip is to know the IP address of your SC7700 (you can set up an IP address in OS9/Windows using the console program) the current IP address is printed when you do a self test page, - hold the 'start' button down when you power on the SC7700 :

- get the PPD file (see attached files)
    - open print&fax preference pane in system preferences
    - click add printer
    - select 'IP'
    - enter the IP address of the SC7700 in the 'Address' field (something like 192.168.1.26)
    - give it a name in the 'name' field (like SC7700)
    - choose one of the downloaded PPD in the 'print using' field by selecting 'other...'

this works!
    but relies on having set the IP address of your SC7700 to an IP on your network..
    hope that helps
    zx81

Thanks for this,

Ive followed all your steps and connected my mbp directly to the sc7700 with an ethernet cable. Still i cant connent to the riso/controller.
    Im running Lion, is that was causing the trouble?

all help appreciated

petter

Ben strawn

Re: sc7700 ppd

you can get a ppd (printer driver) for sc7700 from :
    Index of /pub/ppd_adobe/SofHa
    the sc7700 should appear when you add a printer in osx (ip printer if you know the ip add or appletalk)
    then just choose to use the ppd instead of the generic postcript one..
    works fine in osx
    I'm running OSX 10.5.8 on a Mac PPC.
    I'm connecting with and printing to my SC7700 connected to a GR3770, I think I've got the right PPD file selected but it is only printing a 8X11 page despite having A3 11x17 paper. On page layout I'm selecting the larger page size and the art is big, but it's getting cropped down. Is the SC7700 not able to go A3? What am I doing wrong?

Fossgata

cant seem to find any working links online to a riso sc7700 driver for mac.. Anyone with an idea or software available ?

Finally got both the riso gr3500 and the sc7700 to Iceland, then found the missing controller unit online and installed and now the only thing missing is a driver..

I dont have the 7700 drivers, but I have the 7900 drivers. They still work today..on Win XP and Debian Linux 8 and 9, although maybe not on MacOS (not tested). Here are the original drivers I got with my SC7950 (only the..'ppd' files that workd with XP and the latest Linux via CUPS). Havent been bothered to try it with (the latest) osx, but works like charm on Debian Linux an Win XP.sc7950.zip

well i guess it depends which rip and which riso you have... if you have an sc7700 and a gr3770 you will need the
    SC7700 GR 600 dpi V1.0A
    file
    I tried visiting the site, but I get a 403 Forbidden message. I am located in Europe - does anyone know of an alternative site for the driver? I'm running the same setup - SC7700 + GR3770 and I have both an old Windows XP machine and an intel MacBook with OSX 10.5X. Would also need a driver for an SC3000 + GR3770 set up, same machines for running it.

Grateful for any help, thanks!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    RISO SC7700 Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by deeli View Post
    I tried visiting the site, but I get a 403 Forbidden message. I am located in Europe - does anyone know of an alternative site for the driver? I'm running the same setup - SC7700 + GR3770 and I have both an old Windows XP machine and an intel MacBook with OSX 10.5X. Would also need a driver for an SC3000 + GR3770 set up, same machines for running it.

Grateful for any help, thanks!
    thread started in 2010..last comment 2017... we consider this thread to be dead.. start a new thread describing all problems and attempts

don't be a grave robber.