Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Your tech needs to get in and clean the paper IN sensor in the second paper feed section. It will take close to an hour to tear down, clean and put back together. It's the little clear eye that is barely visable between the feed tires and the drum. There are two, send and receive. Canned air and alcohol only work for so long, the dust is inside the case.

Riso came out with a modified sensor and dust cover to stop this problem. 020-11754, 020-11755 Covers. 444-42028-106 Sensor

Thanks for the heads up on the sensor 20gaugeO/U :-)

I've been offered a 2 year old RZ300 (100k impressions) retrofitted with computer controller card for £822 (About $1260 US). Any thoughts on the price or are there any particular issues with this model to look out for?

Thanks

Chris

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Usually... a Riso with 100k on it is still considered brand new. Well... most model's. I don't know anything about the RZ300 though. I haven't really touched them in a few years.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    100k copies is just broken in on this model. It is a couple years old anywhere from 2004-2008. There were a few minor bugs they found after the machines were in the field for a while but nothing too major. The next model EZ type is nearly identical so parts will be around for a while. Both models (RZ and EZ) have run excellent. The RN line was fine, but these are better. Price seems good to me for a low volume used machine with a NIC card. You could put 5 million on it with proper upkeep.

Went and picked it up today (4 hours there, 4 hours back!) and it's running brilliantly. The exact one I picked up hadn't even hit 100k yet - 88k was on the clock. It's simply fantastic to be able to actually use a risograph again that performs to spec!

sandvitch
    hello,
    This is tech sandvitch. So sorry for you. The paper jam problem come from many part of the machine but some thing to check: Does the paper get well inside the machine before stop under the drum? If it is so there is a sensor called paper feed sensor. If that sensor is not functioning well (most of the time it is dirty by the dust)it can cause paper jam.I have the RN series manual as a book.
    But if the paper is not getting well into the machine check therefore the scraper pad and pick up rollers
    i'm trying to add the localisation of mentioned part that i scanned but it doesn't work give me an appoint ment on yahoo messenger so that online ican direct you to solve that problem.
    Thanks everybody for the help you always giv those in need.
    sandvitch

Jack of All Trades 50+ Posts
    We're having the same issue with an RZ990. We actually replaced the sensors and cover and are still receiving the error code. Is it time to move on to the Mech Control PCB?

sandvitch
    Hello,
    You should not touch tHe any pcb yet but u have to test all the sensors that control the paper.
    612 for paper ejection FG sensor
    600 paper detection sensor............
    if they r responding well and you still hav the problem u hav to check the paper feeding mechanism n check the timing. you shall also check the separation mechanism that release paper from the drum