Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kpettert

Riso GR3770 Paper feed problems

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with my riso gr3770 that I'm hoping to get some help with from you guys.
    The problem is with the paper feed. I have just replaced the rubber feed wheels to new ones, but the problems remain.

1. When running 90g paperstock the printer grabs 4 or more papers at the time. It is unable to feed/run single sheets through the riso.

2. 150g paper works best, but still it sometimes refuse to feed the paper resulting in a "paper feed error"

3. 220g paper worked fine the first 400 copies, then it started to jam. Now i can only print 1-10 copies in a row before it pulls the paper in half and then jams.

I have also replaced the litte head with the "metal and rubber tounge" that is place under the rubberwheels but that didn't help.

I have tried to describe this problem the best i can, hopefully someone might have som tips on how to solve this.

best regards
    Petter
    Stockholm, sweden

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    There is a stripper pad update on these models. They changed it from the "tongue" back to a pad on a post as in previous models. I would put the "new" old style stripper pad (that's what it's called) on and try there. Also cleaning the timing and guide rollers, pressure roller and feed tires is recommended. If none of that works check the one way gear on the timing roller and the spring for wear and replace as needed. Check the feed tire one way bearings and shafts for wear. Also verify you are using the correct setting for the paper type lever for the feed tires. That should be a green lever.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

kpettert
    Thanks for your help, i will try and clean the rollers.
    I just noticed that there is a crack in the white plastic sheet that is located in the gap behind the feeding tires. Any idea on how to replace this? is it possible thats whats causing the problems?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Are you flipping the green lever over to "card stock" (I forget if it's left or right) That will help drop the table height down some and should help with the multifeeding. As already suggested adjust the stripper angle.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

kpettert
    Yep, The lever is flipped. Could someone give med more info (perhaps images?) about the stripper? I don't know what part that is.

best
    petter

Technician
    The best thing you can do for yourself is to spend $20 on the CD set with all the Riso manuals in it.

Try here to start: riso For Sale

Otherwise I will try to send the manual parts I have since they are small to email.... let me know your email if you want to do that.

Ken.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    A piece of heavy duty clear packaging tape will work well to cover the nick in the paper feed mylar. Just make sure it covers all of the nick (crack) and extends to the front of the mylar (toward the feed tires). Should last another million.