Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

RP3100 UI Impression

I have a RP3100 UI that for the most part runs real well. My problem is the machines impression roller does not dis-engage when it is suppose to and when this happens it marks the roller and the inside needs to be cleaned. Does not do any good though. Because when you start the machine up again, it marks the roller. So the only thing I can do is run about 30 sheets, on top of my good stuff, to clean and keep going. This is getting real bothersome. I have also noticed sometime when the machine is stopping you hear a real loud bang.
    Anybody who has any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    my guess that the loud bang would be the ipression roller hitting the clamp as the drum is rotating. there is basically on part that is bad on your machine. i do not know is you are a tech, but there is a part on the back of your machine that is bad. it is a pressure lever a or b i do not remember which it is. there are two big springs attached to and arm. the arm is puched up by this lever. this level will get bent(due to wear or large paper jam) and will not raise the arm far enough to lock your impression roller in the down position. good luck and make sure you know how to time the machine if you decide to go at yourself.

just reread my post.... i need to work on my typing i sound like i am drunk

Technician
    I got the jist. Thanks for the feedback. I know the 2 springs you are referring to. And I look there, but not knowing what to look for I did not see anything. So I guess I will go back and pay closer attention to the part the springs are hooked to. I thought is was the clutch needing oil, because another part had frose up needing oil. So I oiled it but it did no good.

well look at the arm that is attached to the springs, but it will be the lever that pushes this arm up that is your problem it is bent so it can not push the arm up high enough to lock it into position

Technician
    I got to the area with the 2 springs. Attached to both sides of the springs are what looks like capital T's. Which side should I be looking at? At glance it all looks very straight.

on the right side of the speing there should be an arm that runs diagonally down to the right. on the left side of this arm there should be a lever that comes up while the machine is running. under the two pressure sping you should see two smaller springs on running almost vertical and another one that is slanted. the slanted spring is attached to the pressure lever that i am talking about. this lever pushes up on the arm as the machine runs. the very end will get bent enough so it can not push the arm up and lock the pressure roller in place.

Technician
    Thanks for all the advice. I knew when this happened I was in trouble. When I tool the back plate off the pressure cam assembly moved out of position. So now when I start the machine its all out of time and I need to re-time the machine. Good thing is I have all the documents here to do this? I hope. Any advice on this before I start?
    Thanks

Any advice.... well there is a lot of advice. One it would be best if the drum was in the machine. This will keep the gears from spinning around. Three things to time. Air seperator gear, main drive gear(on the right) and drum drive( in middle) it is not going to be fun, but there are timing holes in each gear. make sure that the gears that you are timing are in good shape. The first series of gears that they made for this model were made out of Bakeliyte( doubt spelling is right), and would turn into dust.

Technician
    Humph. Drum in the machine. Bet thats what I did wrong the first time. Drum was out and I bet thats why the pressure cam spun on me...
    Sure wish you closer to Florida, sounds like you really know what you are doing.
    Thanks. And I will let you know if I am succesful.