Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Riso ComColor Question

I have worked on Riso's since the RA/GR days with everything in between. Always been a GREAT machine to carry. We did not take on the HC or ComColor line but are being pushed to. I would like to know from other techs if they like the line. User and technician friendly? Have they worked out the major bugs or are they a pain in the a$$ for the pricetag?

Thanks for letting me pick your brain!

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    We don't have any, but I have heard the color units are very costly to maintain. Apparently the print heads are more than a grand a piece, times four.... Sounds like a parts nightmare if you have a price quota to maintain. I haven't heard a lot of good things about them, but it's not a lot and it's all second hand info so it could be slightly exaggerated.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Formerly the Dispatcher 50+ Posts Elle's Avatar
    id say avoid the HC5000 like the plague, the 5500 is a lot better but still has some issues - we put these machines in print shops for the most part but some of our larger churches have them - the comcolor seems to be fairly reliable so far. now the touchy stuff - the 5000 will not run envelopes the 5500 was designed to but has issues and so far so good with the comcolor. these machines use a vaccum paper feed with a millimeter gap under the print heads (yes about a grand each) and the envelopes tend to pillow despite the suction and drag across the heads (not pretty). they are all ink jet machines with reasonable quality and lightening speed so the ink is under pressure and they can be a colorful nightmare if you're not careful (the comcolor comes with forecepts for the hoses). they do require patience and close attention to detail. above all like with all machines keep em spotless and train your ops very well. does riso make anything thats user friendly? overall they are very facinating and unique machines - good luck with em if you take on the line

Technician
    I have a HC-5500 on its way to me now, the only issue I hear about is that the tubes and heads get clogged if they sit for long periods between use, also they appear to have a little problem with dusty paper clogging the first row of heads (Black on the 5000 and blue on the 5500), altho I'm not sure how paper dust gets into a head nozzle with forced ink coming out of it?

Try this thread: Riso HC5500 Head Lines?

Then enter "Comcolor" in a search on this and other tech sites and start reading, you will get a good idea of the problems and how to service them.... you might want to invest in an updated version of the manuals and tech bulletins available on eBay and the internet.

My major issue is the cost of the Ink tanks at $424.00 each x 4 !!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    If you get ANYTHING get a 5500. The 5000's will probably have bad-clogged heads or one's that just leak and cause error codes.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Thanks for all the info.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

is cost per page of 5000 and 5500 is 3 cent ?

which parts are consumable parts (color drum , dev , transfer , 4ink(1600 dollar) , master, ..)of 5000 or 5500?
    please explain economically about pm cycles , type and size of paper , maintenance costs , stock price of machine ,

new machine price is 62000 dollar. What is Forcejet mechanism? please introduce url part and service manual Replacing and maintenancing and service code of most important parts in internet ?

which technicians or users or owner of these machines are currently registered in copytechnet forum?
    i want to communicate with them for more information about these machines
    thank you for attempt