Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    hilariej

Riso 3770 print fades

The more 11 x 17 copies I make, the more the print on the left margin of the paper fades. I was able to work around it by adjusting the margin on the originals, but it's gotten worse. It gets better if I make a new master, but I can't keep wasting money on masters, and it starts fading again anyway. 8.5 x 11 copies are fine.

Any thoughts on what could be causing it?

it sounds to me as if the squeegee roller inside the drum needs adjusted or you may have a build up of ink on the pressure roller inside the machine

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Yeah, this use to happen... if I remember correctly it was a timing thing. Double check timing.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    The impression roller under the drum is more than likely "dog boned". The middle is swollen with and the ends aren't making solid contact to the paper. Take the roller out and roll it on the table, you'll probably see light under the ends. Scrape the ink off of it (backside of a razorblade works well) and clean it with a rag soaked in simple green or belt cleaner. I don't believe the pressure rollers are available to order anymore from Riso.