Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    inmedia1

Question RP3700 question - t01-520

I am trying to get a RP3700 working, but it keeps giving t01-520 message when 'start print' or 'start master' command, and asks to reset; when reset, keeps repeating the error code / process.

I released the drum using 556, and re-installed - no luck; the pins on drum seem to be okay also from what I can tell from another working rp3700. I am working with two drums - the black drum does not even go in fully, and the blue one goes, fits, but gives the error t01-520.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue? Thank you in advance.

VK

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    how many copies are on the machine? i have seen in the past that around 3 million impressions the main motor will fail causing this problem. it could be the motor control pcb also. either way it does not sound like you are in a good situation.

T01-520 the main motor limit sensor does not go ON/OFF for more than 16 pulses while the main motor is opperating, even after the elapse of 100 ms.

it appears that you are not getting power to the main motor kill switches, fuse, motor, board. good luck

inmedia1
    Thanks for the reply, joelsa12.
    The copy count on this machine is 1,887,642. I am not sure if it still could be the issue you are suggesting, but if it were, how do I confirm it and/or fix it (if it's fixable)?

VK

just thought of something. there should be a flag sensor on the drum. should be right above the drum connector on the drum. i have seen this sensor get broken and cause a t01-520. please confirm that this flag sensor is not broken. to be a little more descriptive.... look down form the top of the drum. with the drum in home position yjou will see two white collars attached to the clamp. look staight down from there and you will see a bracket holding a flag sensor. make sure this is not broken or i have seen it fall off.

inmedia1
    I am using two cylinders - a black one and a blue one. I was thinking the problem may be with the machine not the drum; I do have other (working) drums from another machine I can test with (just don't want to lose their functionality like we lost with the blue one; originally, only the black one wasn't working - the black one wouldn't go all the way in).

I tried to identify the flag sensor but unfortunately your description may not have been enough for me; I can't say it's there or not since I am not sure how it looks like. But I compared the working drum in the other machine with the blue one in the non-working RP3700, I didn't see any difference between them.

VK

So the blue drum that does not work in the non working machine will work in your working machine? I would try that first. If it works then you have a machine problem. if it does not then it is a drum problem. if your machine is coding as soon as you push the button for the drum to start rotating then it is a fuse, sensor, motor itself, then board in that order. check the fuses on the power supply in the back and make sure that you do not have a bad one.