Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    RZ220ui  No Image

RZ220ui No Image

Client jammed up the drum unit and we got it loose. Now it won't print. Masters making runs fine, but only once in a while can we get an image printed. Usually paper comes out blank. Is there something maybe wrong with the pressure roller assembly at this point? Manual not a lot of help here.

Also pops H101 periodically and book also shows nothing for this. Only thing I can see closely related is an ink error.

Any help is appreciated!

Kelly

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    H 101 Cannot Get consumables Info Input Values Required (1 black, 2 color)

Using genuine Riso Z supplies, master roll not on backwards, not 2 masters on the drum, drum inked up and dark?

Will it make a Test Pattern image in test mode? #80 is checkerboard pattern. Is there another drum you could test with?

RZ220ui  No Image

Unhappy Riso 220ui No Image

Everything seems fine. I even manually input the type of ink (1 for black) and it still will ask for the H101. Once in a while a master is made perfectly, prints great, then for no reason won't make an image on the master again. Looks like master is completely black then paper starts sticking to the drum and causes J04 each time.

Any ideas out there in Riso land?

Thanks

Kelly

QUOTE=20gaugeO/U;142403]H 101 Cannot Get consumables Info Input Values Required (1 black, 2 color)

Using genuine Riso Z supplies, master roll not on backwards, not 2 masters on the drum, drum inked up and dark?

Will it make a Test Pattern image in test mode? #80 is checkerboard pattern. Is there another drum you could test with?[/QUOTE]

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    What happens if you make multiple confidentials (or test patterns) and run copies after each one? Will it make the all black master....

Had a couple scanners give up on the RZ220 line but it would only be 1 of the 4 segments in there. I could watch the scanner go down the original then it would flicker. Produce junk image, never complete failure.

Have to isolate is it the scanner or the master making area that is causing your problem? I haven't had such an issue. What else did the "client" do??? Sounds like maybe a pinched wire, bad connector or bad board.

Good Luck

RZ220ui  No Image

I can watch the scanner and it works everytime. It must be a wire or cable somewhere. Just not sure where. I run it in test mode and run test mode charts and they don't work either. Has to be related to the thermal head somehow. Thing is, once in a while, for no apparent reason it works just fine.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Take care,

kelly

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

check the master head

There may be a short piece of master material caught in the head keeping the master from being burned properly. Sometimes, if the master material jams, the cutter chops off a narrow strip and it gets stuck in there.