Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Riso S3700 Wont Ink Drum

Riso S3700 Wont Ink Drum

I got this Riso S3700 that won't ink up..Don't know what is causing this . All of a sudden new Ink put in wont pump. Any suggestions. This Drum was from a RP3700 and has worked for the past 6 months.

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    I have seen some issues. First is the new ink damaged in any way. I have seen them shipped and get cracks in the top of the ink tube. This will cause the ink pump to suck air and not ink. Is the inking motor turning? If not then it may be a bad ink motor. If it is turning the ink may be bad. A few years a go there was a bad batch of ink out there if it is old ink. Last thing there is a screen inside of your ink pump. If this is clogged with debris it also will not pump.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Is there a way to access this ink pump filter without taking the whole thing apart? I have been buying up used drums whenever I can, and have discovered that at least 4 of them seem to have bad ink pumps. I want to try cleaning this filter before i give up on them.

I purchased one of the tech manuals, and I have had a hard time locating it in the diagram.

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    since you have a tech book run the test mode to run the ink the drum on a known good drum. listen for the sound of the inking motor coming on. take a drum that you think is not good and run it. if you do not hear the motor then the motor is bad. if you can hear it running then it is clogged

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Riso S3700 Wont Ink Drum

Finally able to clean out the ink screen more efficiently and it seemed to work for the time being. Thanks for your help

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    so the problem was actually a dried out drum screen and the pump itself? Interesting!

teta30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
    Finally able to clean out the ink screen more efficiently and it seemed to work for the time being. Thanks for your help
    Hi Tim C. I'm glad to see you solved your problem. How did you go about cleaning the ink screen? Did you have to take the drum apart?
    I think I have the exact same problem and don't know how to proceed. Please kindly forward instructions on how to proceed to me via email: x.pat00@yahoo.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    or post is publicly

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Riso S3700 Wont Ink Drum

To teta30 I took a damp rag (water) and twisted it to fit in the Ink port hole and twisted it several times, it must have opened the ink screen, because right after that it worked fine and is still working fine.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I very recently, for the firs time ever, disassembled completely into pieces the drum for RISO RA4050. I got the ink screen,/silk screen, the pump, motor, motor drive board, drum drive board, all apart. This enabled me to clean thoroughly all the messy ink in the unit.
    BEWARE :You need plenty of diesel or kerosene, rags, WD-40, overall, hand gloves, & overall. It is quiet messy doing the job, prepare to get dirty, a lot of patience is necessary. you may also need to cancel some of the day's engagement! BUT all in all, it was a very good experience, I learn t a lot about these drums, especially that they can actually be repaired.