Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

GR3770 Image too short

Trying to print 11 X 17 on GR 3770. The master is full length, but it is only printing 15.5" on the copy. Is there an adjustment to get it to print full length?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sklemetti View Post
    Trying to print 11 X 17 on GR 3770. The master is full length, but it is only printing 15.5" on the copy. Is there an adjustment to get it to print full length?
    Its been a while gor me but I believe you can play with the write roller speed to fix that issue.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    I would first clean the write roller. It will get slick and cause you image to shrink. Once that is cleaned if you are still having issues it will need to be replaced, or one or more of the set screws that drive this roller have backed out and need to be tightened.

Technician
    Risobad.jpgP1.jpg The picture on the bottom is the original and the one on the top is the Riso product. The left side is getting cut off and not allowing the full 17". It appears to be from the pressure roller not being applied long enough. The pressure is coming off too soon. How can that be adjusted?

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    check the piece sticking out of the back of the machine that fits into the drum. make sure that this does not have any play in it. this is the main shaft of the machine and there is a little pin inside that breaks and it will not allow the press roller to print to the end. check for wear on your pressure lever and your pressure hook. if there is wear it will not let the press roller stay engaged till the end. also keep in mind that the image area on a 17 inch riso is not 17 inches. the machine will cut a void area. i think that is more like 16.7 inches, but you will have to refer to the owners manual to be sure.

I believe most of the Riso's used a letter/legal drum and a separate ledger drum. Could you possibly be using a letter drum, which is what it sounds like to me, as the master will be longer than 17" if you are trying to get an 11x17 print. Probably 18 to 18.5. Just a thought

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem of shrunk prints on my gr3700. I'd love to know the procedure for cleaning write rollers please.

Also, a friend had a similar machine years ago and said there was a setting on her's that did something along the lines of shrinking the print to fit the printable area. She said she turned it off. Is that possible for a gr3700?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrjonolewarne View Post
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem of shrunk prints on my gr3700. I'd love to know the procedure for cleaning write rollers please.

Also, a friend had a similar machine years ago and said there was a setting on her's that did something along the lines of shrinking the print to fit the printable area. She said she turned it off. Is that possible for a gr3700?

Thanks
    You can just use the magnification settings for that.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks RRodgers but that's just masking the problem, not solving it. Really want to get the machine working perfectly

Replace the write roller. (probably NOT cheap, and might be hard to find) You wanted a sure fire fix... there ya go.
    Also be sure that the alin screw that drives the write roller didn't back out.