Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hatchclown

GR 3770 "T14 CALL SERVICE" + Drum won't come out

I just purchased my first Risograph. I just went to make my first master and was met with a "T14 CALL SERVICE" error message. Now I cannot remove the print cylinder. When I press the green button nothing happens and it doesn't light up. I've looked around the forums and the web at large and haven't found any solutions. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

you have a clamp error it may be the magnet on the back of the drum or the clamp plate motor is not coming down all the way. a good way to be able to get the drum out is to take a screw driver and release the drum release lever located in the slot below the print drum

hatchclown

Lever doesn't do the trick

Thank you for the quick reply.

I found the lever rather easily. I moved it over and pulled on the drum. It moves just a hair (just enough to go past where the lever locks the drum in place), but it won't pull out any further.

Any other suggestions?

open the top of the machine and reach in to where you can see the drum and turn it by hand until u can remove the drum completely from the machine

oh yea by the way your gonna get ink on your hands and it may take a bit of force to get it to turn

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    this is what happened. as a drum sits the ink underneath the mast seaps up and under the clamp on the drum. it the drys. the clamp on the drum does not open freely because the master material with the dry ink on. when you made a master the clamp was not down all the way when the drum started to rotate. this cause the clamp on the drum to be stuck in the disposal system. open the top stand by the exit end of the machine. look in the middle and locate the drum. rotate the drum towards the exit end of the machine. you will hear the clamp make a noise when it comes out. the magnet that holds it down will grab it. once this occurs you will be able to pull the drum out. clean the clamp on top of the drum and any other drums that you have or this will happen again. hope that the machine did not come out of time when this happened.

although if what joelsa stated above had happened you most likely would have gotten a t-1 code which is a main motor lock code. but i do agree with the above statement about the ink migrateing to the clamp plate assy through the master material

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Do what Joelsa said but before getting started take out the disposal box (allow more light in) and grab a flashlight so you can see what's going on.
    Where the silver "clamp plate" is positioned right now (or stuck) will give more answers.

The drum should not come out unless the silver "clamp plate" is at the 12 o'clock position. Pull it towards you to release from disposal hooks.

If the clamp is not caught in the disposal hooks (hope they aren't broken otherwise it will happen more), then it is the pressure roller caught against the drum and it won't come out. Have to take the back cover off and disengage the HOOK that is in the lower middle section of the machine. Use a screwdriver to slide it off not your finger.

OR

The clamp motor assy is just stuck down on the silver "clamp plate" gear. When you get the drum out you can put a drop or two of oil on the gear that flips the clamp plate over. Sometimes they get gummed up or worn.

GR3750Mar-95S-305400ledgerobsolete 05/2008Jun-02

hatchclown

Photos of the machine

I've tried rotating the drum, but can't get a grip anywhere on it. I'm attaching photos of what I see so you all can give it a look over and let me know what you think. I have no problem getting my hands dirty or busting a knuckle trying to get it fixed.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    Your clamp is locked down. and it is in the dispoal unit. The yelow clip toward the back of the machine. the next ting sticking out of the frame is the clamp. its job is to open and close the clamp on the drum. you will need this in the up position to start. you may have to take it off the back of the mahcine if you can not get it to pop up. the drum will not turn with this locked down.