Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

GR3750 Drum home position wrong

I have several drums which are fine. One drum, a green one does not insert due to being out of line with the slot in the drive spigot. I rotate the drum about an inch anti clockwise and all is fine. Is there an adjustment on the drum to correct this.

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    There is an adjustment, but I doubt that is what it is. Look at the drum chucks of the other drums. The black will be ther worst because it is used the most. As the main shaft drives the drum it will wear the drum chuck on the end of the drum. this causes the most used drums to be turn slightly compared to not used drums. So I would be the problem is not the green drum but the drum chucks on the other drums.

u may be able to loosen the 3 screws around the drum chuck on the back of the drum and turn it slightly or check that the drum lock lever is not bent it maybe bent a bit and may be allowing the drum to be locked in the wrong position in which case straighten the bent lock mechanism and everything should be fine

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Take the drum shell off, remove the squeegee belt and line up drum chuck and tighten the 3 allen screws that were under the belt. There is a very small chance that the chuck assy has cracked. You'll know it if it is.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    many thanks, I'll work through that little lot when I have a couple of hours to spare. It's not urgent, just annoying.