Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

GR3770 - Average lifespan?

Hi,

I've just acquired a GR3770 and was wondering what the average expected lifespan of that model is from the collective experience of the forum users?

I got it from a printing company who seemed to have looked after it and kept it in good condition. It's done 4176419 impressions and 6759 masters. I know those numbers are high, but the price was right so I'm ok with that.

Can I expect it to die in a year or two? I imagine it'll take me at least 3 years to get the impression count above 5million, but is the master count a more reliable indicator of life expectancy?

Thanks

Jono

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    In a word.... It's a GR. (ok 3 words) Those were great boxes. Still are I guess. Kinda dated but we had A LOT of people that didn't wanna give them up cuz they are tanks. They work and work and work and work and work. Course.. this or that might break or need adjustment.... but all and all great boxes. I think we charged around $60 for a feed roller, but that feed roller had 1.2 mill on it.

Remember, it's NOT a copier... it's a duplicator. You make MANY copies of the same thing. That's why it has less than 7k on the masters. I heard tell years ago that Riso had one that had like 40 mill on it. Or was it 30 mill?

Anyways, enjoy driving your tank.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Run it until it breaks. But commonly breaking new parts are not available. Ours are all on last call when parts break we have already robbed the graveyard for them.

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Ditto.Check EBAY and buy a machine for parts only if you plan to run it for a while.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I'm touching 12 million and get very little trouble, touch wood. I do all my own maintenance and have had the machine since 4 million. Main problems are stripper and pressure roller but I just reface the roller in an electric drill using a sanding block. Don't have problems getting stripper pads but have several scrap machines which I rob from time to time. Top machiine the GR.

alpererciyaz
    4 million copy is not a high score for a gr 3770.coz if u have a good service,thşs model is very powerful.ın turkey,we have th gr3770 and it is in 26million copy nowadays.

Technician
    I agree 4 million is pretty low for any printing equipment in production environment. my gr 3750 has almost 12 million nd that is because we only use it about once a month. it is at least 16 years old in my shop now just based off the maintenance records. they almost never break but once they do parts are hard to come buy.