Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

GR3770 Colour drum producing banded prints

Hi,

My GR3770 is producing banded prints when I print with the red colour drum I have. The company I bought it off rarely used the red drum, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that it has not been used in a while.

I've tried a load of test prints and printed 50 copies, but the banding is quite bed. The only thing that got better with printing is the density of the areas that did print ok, but there are still areas where absolutely no ink is being put down. I looked at the master on the drum and the banding is clearly visible there (I have a photo if anyone needs to see it).

Is there anything I can do to remedy the banding?

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    More than likely the ink has separated.More test prints will only produce more bad copies.If you can, clean the ink from inside the drum and replace the ink tube with a good one and then run test mode 101...going from memory here...but i think that is the test mode for drum ink up.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    Take the master off the drum and clean the screen with something (alcohol, simple green, etc).
    Make a master with full page fill. Leave an 2 inches of lead edge white area. Run a ream of 11x17 on slow speed. Did the banding disappear?

OR

Read this Rico GR 3750 won't ink drum

OR

The ink in the drum has "dried up" and the dispersion tube add ink holes are clogged. Take the drum shell off and get all the old ink out.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks Kopyrtek,

your suggestion worked a charm and it's now printing perfectly. Having run a couple test runs the machine is telling me to replace the ink cartridge. The cartridge is brand new though. After opening the door and closing it again it works fine but I don't really want to keep doing that all the time if it's avoidable. Has that ever happened to you?

Thanks