Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

GR3770 Feed Problem

Hi,

I've found a few threads concerning feed problems with a GR3770, but I'm having a slightly different issue I think.

Basically, my machine was printing a run of 20 a3 sheets, it printed 11 successfully and then jammed on the 12th. It took the paper in a short way, stopped for a fraction of a second, took a little more in, then jammed and displayed an error message saying paper feed error.

I lowered the feed table, removed the paper, and tried again, only for it to happen again on the first sheet. I turned it off, left it, tried using card, but no success. It does the same every time.

I'm an absolute novice, only had the machine for a week and have no prior experience with Risographs. Do I need to get a service engineer out or is this something I can fix myself?

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Update: I just had a guy from the company I bought my machine off come round to take a look. He think's it a sensor issue, is it's saying there is a paper jam when there isn't. Has anyone else had this problem? Are replacement sensors available for a GR3770?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjonolewarne View Post
    Update: I just had a guy from the company I bought my machine off come round to take a look. He think's it a sensor issue, is it's saying there is a paper jam when there isn't. Has anyone else had this problem? Are replacement sensors available for a GR3770?
    Break out a can of air and blow out the paper path. Lower the angle of the sep pad some as well. Also, hit the reset button to get rid of the error (or any error on that box for that matter)

Failing all that, shit it down andd hold down the reset button and power it back on while holding down the reset key. This will force reset the machine.
    HtH and let know how it goes.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I'm not sure what the sep pad is or how I change the angle of it. I tried turning the machine on with the reset button down, which cleared the jam message, but the machine is still taking the first sheet halfway before displaying the paper jam message again.

Technician
    I was having similar feed problems. I am not an expert at all but I can tell you what I went through. There is a way to test your sensors if you buy the Riso Service manuals. You can usually find them on a CD through ebay or other sites.

The sep pad is the pad underneath the rollers. Sometimes that gets worn down and doesn't allow the rollers to grip the paper and move it along. It is on a platform that move to the touch. If you start poking around in there you will find that it is pretty easy to remove.

I replaced mine and was still having problems. It turned out that my clutch needed to be replaced. That controls the feed tires that feed the paper from the stack. You can tell if they are working by trying to make a print and seeing if they are rolling properly. If they are then it is probably something else that is stopping the process.

Also fiddle around with the knobs on the feed tray. They adjust the angle and pressure of the sep. pad. There is no exact science to this. It could help the problem though.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    My problem has been solved! i had to get a technician out in the end. Inside the machine there is a small arm that moves the pressure roller. A screw had fallen out, possibly as a result of being moved in transit. It was simply a case of putting the screw back in place and all was fixed.

If I had just taken the back panel off myself I would have noticed. I'm not sure I'd recommend any tinkering by non-experts but it could be a good idea if all else has failed.

Thanks for your help guys

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Get use to screw's becoming loose on a GR. Happens all the time. I forgot about that one.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.