Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts downhiller67's Avatar

feedback on riso ks800 please.

good day!

i am planning to buy RISO KS 800, this is my 1st time to have a riso no idea if im going to make the right decision on buying this machine. need some feed back about this, please advise me.

thank you.

Technician
    I dont know that you will find anyone in the USA who has delt with this model as its not listed on the Riso USA website so i dont think it was ever sold here... If its a new model for the over-seas market then I would say it should be as capable as any other Riso product, altho I have noticed some problems listed on other forums with this model so the safe thing to do is to do a Google search and start reading to make your decision a little easier.

tocloy
    i have my riso ks800 for 4 years already and has made almost 1 million copies already, 993431 copies to be exact and i encountered few minor problems only.

problems encountered are:

1. ink filter gets clogged - this is a normal problem. the solution is to clean the filter
    everytime the warning light turns on. very easy to clean.

2. ink sensor needs cleaning - after around 500-600k copies. i called a technician
    and everything was done in 2hours.

3. ink leak in drum area - normal wear and tear. fixed by the technician

i'm from south cotabato sir, i just want to know where are you going to get your machine? ubix or copylandia? is it brand new? i know a place in davao or gensan where to get cheap ink and master.

carlo