Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    k.tubby

Post RISO RP3700 (or any RP) MAC Install CD / Change color drum / Risorinc or Postscript ?

Hello,

I have just picked up my new baby, a RP3700 with 3 drums , and I need your experience...

First question is : I would like to run this duplicator from my mac (OSX 10.6). As I saw there is no support since OS 9 but some folks get them roll with other OS's PPD files. If someone have the install mac CD for RP3xxx, I would be interested in some files... (the riso online support provides only windows drivers without ppd...)

My second question would be : what is to procedure to change the color of an inked drum. How can I do ? I plan to do it often. Is it doable ? Problematic for the drum life time ? I read that some people where using gasoline to clean ink. What do you think about whitespirit or alcool ?

Otherwise, do you think that the machine would accept postscript ? or only risorinc protocol ? If riso rinc, do you think that the standard risorinc software would work ? In any case I would be interested in such a software...

Thank you for your further help !

Kevin

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    There is a test mode to drain the ink but it still involves running at least a ream of 11x17 paper thru it. Then when you put the new ink color in it will be streaky for a while. Especially if you are going from a dark color to a lighter one. Not something I would want to do or recommend. I'd recommend finding more drums, but that's just me...

k.tubby
    Ok, thanks ! I will look how works the test mode.

leofavier
    hi
    did you solve your problem to print from your mac?
    I am in the same cas with no solutions.

best,

do you have Riso SC7500/SC770 RIP? you'll find the the PPD files here (just extract them, should work on a mac).

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    I have some RP color drums for sale- I also have an SC550 w/cable.

To clean the drum, you can use citrus solvent, or coopers, or blanket wash will work, but the citrus solvent is clean and easy.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    Sorry- should say SC5500

k.tubby
    No I don't have any RIP for the moment, but maybe a cheap opportunity would be good...
    It seems absolutely needed to make a RP work on a 10.6 mac (with the correct PPD file)

Ddude,
    I would be very interested in your drums and in your RIP, depending on the price of each (4 would be good for me). We also have to consider that I am located in France, so there will be shipping costs...

Regarding the cleaning, it seems that here in europe, we don't have any thing called "Citrus Solvent". Some advised "Essece C" or Essence F". What do you think about it ?

Thank for your answers,

Kevin