Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Riso GR 3770

Thairiam

Riso GR 3770

Hello all,

I own a Riso GR 3770. In between loading paper the message came up "close scanner table". So now I can't use the machine.

I saw a link somewhere on the net that said to check the fuses. The filament looks good on all of them.

There is a set of contacts on one side which I cleaned but to no affect.

Only other thing I see is a large black switch (Looks like it anyway) that depresses when the lid is closed.

Before I take the step of removing that switch and hunting for a replacement is there another reason that the error message would be on?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rich L.

sircharles
    This diagram shows the location of the switches related to the scanner table. I'd have a look at these and their wiring first of all.

The large black plastic switch at the back of the flatbed scanner lid is not related to the problem and won't cause the error.

Hope this is of some help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thairiam
    Thanks for the info and diagram. I'll dig into that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar
    That switch will eventually internally arc and fail. The other one in there controls the TPH.

Thairiam
    If the switch is just a warning to close the table; I was hoping that I could permanently wire that switch closed. Is that feasible? I don't know where I'd find a new switch for such an old machine.

Thairiam
    What a worthess response.

Check the interlock switches, remove the ass'y and underneath the switches is a metal plate that will get deformed over use. reform it back to its position and your good to go. I had several of these with the same problem and same fix due that riso don't have them anymore.

Thairiam
    Thanks LA Tech,

I'll try that.