Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Question A fine line appearing on my prints,

Hi there,

I'm using an RC 6300 and whenever I set it to photo mode the prints come out good except for a single fine line that appears in the same spot on all the prints. I've made 3 separate masters and it still appears,

It doesn't seem to show up if I set it to line mode, what could be causing this?

Any info/advice would be appreciated!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thermal print head probably on a machine that old.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    so I'm new to using duplicators, is the thermal print head something I can clean or fix?

I have another question I have a 11x17 blue color drum and it appears that it's not inking the bottom/far edge of the master. It's about an inch at the bottom... the master is fine it just looks like that ink isn't reaching that part of the drum. I got it used so I don't know how much ink is left in it, is this a sign of the ink running out? or could there be something wrong with the drum??

Ok, thanks!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thermal head cost more than the machine is worth. The machine will tell you when the ink is out. The drum probably needs stripping down and cleaning. The machine you have is antique. I use GR machines which are newer than RA & RC machines and mine are getting well past the sell by date. If it is something you would use I suggest you get something much newer as parts are almost none existant for yours.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I printed a pattern from memory in test mode and the fine line didn't appear, does this have any significance? I'm just wondering if there is anyway around the line for now... would it help if I printed from a computer as opposed to scanning and printing off the stage glass?

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    so is this fine line white or black??? if it is white then thermal print head. if it is black clean out the scanner. also if it is not that large you can put a piece of scotch tape on the master on the drum to keep the ink coming through in that spot.