Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    r2uzenblot

HC5000 miss prints when using Coloured Paper

Why is it that my HC5000 has such a problem with lightweight coloured paper. Using stock 80gsm pink/yellow/green/blue paper the page reognition is awful and it prints all over the place including well off.

It is clearly not recognising the paper at the right time in the print cycle. Put some white in (or coloured card) and it's fine but coloured paper a big no.

Anyone got any suggested cures?

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    check the paper sensor. after the feed tires in the middle. paper dust gets under the dust cover and causes this sensor to miss read when paper is there or not. causing paper feed jams. this sensor controls the action of the pf clutch

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r2uzenblot View Post
    Why is it that my HC5000 has such a problem with lightweight coloured paper. Using stock 80gsm pink/yellow/green/blue paper the page reognition is awful and it prints all over the place including well off.

It is clearly not recognising the paper at the right time in the print cycle. Put some white in (or coloured card) and it's fine but coloured paper a big no.

Anyone got any suggested cures?
    Be sure the CCD is clean as well. Also, the CCD might not be seeing your paper correctly. But try what is recommend first up above.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.