Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: to riso or not to riso

I am aware that the thread is old but I don't want to create a new one just to ask a question on the life expectancy of Riso EZ 570 (my experience with digital duplicators is close to none, just some theoretical knowledge). To cut the story short a good customer of mine wants the ez570 and I happen to know someone who has one for sale. The machine has ~2,5 mil prints and supposedly was serviced with genuine parts only. The seller claims that the machine can do up to 20 mil so basically it's in good condition. Is he telling the truth about the max life expectancy?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

I've seen a RZ 590 roll over 10 million but it was repaired by the print shop owner and he only called us when his fixes were unsuccessful... that machine was tired and is now retired but he replaced it with an EZ 590. Every machine is dependent on who services it and the user/users who beat them up. If it's in good shape it could go another 2, 3, 4 million. EZ's are pretty great machines if you take care of them. Age may be a slight issue in that the EZ line was released in late 2008???

Technician

Riso ! Definitely ! Not Ricoh, Savin, Lanier, or Gestetener or Duplo, not enough info or help on them.

I am an EXPERT in USED Riso machines and drums. You do NOT want a TR, CR, RN or RP.

Make sure to get an A3 / 11x17 machine or you will regret it later, because there are very few color drums for the letter and legal size models floating out there.

I know because I am the largest supplier of used Riso drums in the United States with over 400 in stock. The least expensive AVAILABLE drums are the GR (W) drums.

The only other dealer that has owned more Riso machines than me in that last 12 years is Rich at Green Office but he doesn't refurb them, he just moves them on.

20gaugeO/U ~ When the Riso RZ590 with over 5 mil. kicks the bucket, I would glad buy it for parts. We buy ALL non-working 11x17 Riso's except the RP's.

Also, make sure that you do NOT buy AS-IS, get a warranty long enough to check the machine out.

Models to look for are the GR3750/GR3770/FR3950 RZ390/RZ590 & EZ390/EZ590 & EZ391/EZ591 & RZ990/RZ1090 SINGLE COLOR machines AND
    MZ790/MZ990/MZ890/MZ1090 TWO COLOR MACHINES

The most used color drums available are for the RISO RZ390/RZ590 and the RISO MZ790/MZ990.

Good Luck!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by dzewo View Post
    I am aware that the thread is old but I don't want to create a new one just to ask a question on the life expectancy of Riso EZ 570 (my experience with digital duplicators is close to none, just some theoretical knowledge). To cut the story short a good customer of mine wants the ez570 and I happen to know someone who has one for sale. The machine has ~2,5 mil prints and supposedly was serviced with genuine parts only. The seller claims that the machine can do up to 20 mil so basically it's in good condition. Is he telling the truth about the max life expectancy?
    I tell my customers that they are good for between 4 & 6 million realistically, I picked up one today with 4.7 mil. that is toast. I had a customer that rolled the meter at 10 mil and put 3 more mil on it but it was always under contract...so 13 mil is the most I have ever seen and I have seen a ton between 3.3 mil. and 5.7 mil. After that they become to much to fix.

Personally we do not sell them over 2.2 mil. because that is the part out point, but the customer should get 1 to 2 mil from 2.5 mil. (if it was truly always under contract).

Hope that helps.

Risos are the Rolls Royce on the duplicators, I have work on every Duplicator and found the best is the Riso.
    I have customers with as old as RC6300 to the newest one, a lot of them range from 15 to 20 millions copies and still going. just replacing the consumables parts, and still going so far, I repaired the other brands duplicators (don't want to mention) and the next day they call so I was able to get a used Riso for them as loaner, no problem and they are happy so far in the two years and counting, some are switching to Riso, thank god, LOL

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by onlygreatcopiers View Post

I am an EXPERT in USED Riso machines and drums. You do NOT want a TR, CR, RN or RP.
    Whats the problem with the RP ? I've heard bad things about the CR and RN but not from RP ...

Just wondering

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antoniovs View Post
    Whats the problem with the RP ? I've heard bad things about the CR and RN but not from RP ...

Just wondering
    RPs are OK as long as they have the updated drive gears.