Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

how to clean a drum roll?

anyone ever tried to clean (out/up) a riso drum roll and loaded it with a new (different) colour?
    could you please share your secrets instructions? or is it better to buy a new drum (rhetorical question)?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I recently changed a medium blue drum to gold,

What I did was create a master that would lay down alot of ink across the screen, I then took the tube of ink out of the drum and loaded the drum back into the machine. Set the risograph into test mode and put in 77 for 'Paper Feed & Print Operation' which is a test that will continuously feed paper and print until you press stop. This will run out the excess ink from the color you want to change. After that I just put in the other color ink tube and started printing with it, it took a few hundred copies where the two colors mixed together in this streaky way but that was alright for me so... I guess the test mode codes might be different depending on what model you have, but I'm not sure. 77 works for the RC6300. I think your other option is to take the drum apart and clean out all the ink with solvents.

wow, that was quick. i'll give it a shot.
    not sure if our gr 3770 will do a test mode without the ink tube, but it's worth a try (better then taking a drum apart).
    thanks a lot mate.

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    i agree with everything in the post above, but here is a little more info. the gr series test mode to run paper is 107. 77 is for the RC series. before you go into test mode I would make a heavy coverage 11 by 17 master with enough white space at the lead edge to not cause jams. then go into test mode and run 107 to feed the paper. there are images stored in the machine to do this test modes 117-120, but these tend to cause jams on the drum because they cover the whole sheet of 11 by 17. also remember that making a master uses a lot of ink. once you get close by running 107 i would always go into normal operation mode make a confidential master(located under the sliding panel on the control panel) run 30 copies them make another confidential and repeat. this will pull the ink out of the screens. good luck.

(sorry in advance, probably a stupid question). how do i get the gr 3770 into test mode?

thank you very much mr. x:
    «to get into test mode you will have to hold down the line photo button and the master making print button while the machine is off and turn it on.»