Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GR3770 No Power

GR3770 No Power

Just got a 3770 with an editing board and it won't power up at all. Any ideas? It was working before I picked it up, but we had a long cold drive home (4 hrs in the snow). Unit did not get wet, and has been indoors in dry heated room for a couple of days now. I don't have a service manual to know if there are fuses or whatnot to check first.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Russ

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    Try leaving it unplugged for 30 minutes? I seem to remember some type of trip that would reset when unplugged for a while.

Still no power...

Tried unplugging it. Left it unplugged all day. Plugged it back in. Still notta!

Removed power supply. No blown fuses. Checked wiring, no visable signs of shorts or wear marks. Could this be as simple as a bad power switch? Anybody ever had one go bad? Thx

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    yes put a meter on it and test for continuity to see if it is bad. then follow the power with the meter while you have your meter out.

Ok so I am getting power to the power supply, just no further. I did notice that one capacitor has a nick out of its side. Could that do it? All fuses check out ok.

If I'm looking at a replacement power supply, will one work from a gr3750? Thx

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    i know that you said that all the fuses were good, but did you check the one on the bottom? there are a bank of fuses on the top, but there is also one fuse on the bottom of the power supply where the power comes in. i do not think that a 3750 power supply will work. i think that they are different. i believe i have one. if you are in need.

Unless there is a fuse on the underside of the board, I did check them all. They all were fine. I'm thinking that a mouse may have been in here. The nick in the capacitor casing looks like one tried to bite it.

I have a spare 3750, so I'll take a look at the power supply there first. Thanks for your offer though. Can you PM me with a cost in case I do need one. Thx

Well I decided today to make this Riso a parts machine. I opened the top editing board cover this morning, and guess what I saw? How about a family of dead mice! They weren't there a few days ago. My guess is they played a good game of staying quiet while I was working on it earlier. Anyways, I decided to take the edit board cover off and swap it to my other 3770. When I got the top back cover off, I found their home. Needless to say, the wires are all chewed to **** on everything in their except for the cables that connect to the editing board. Thanks to those that offered assistance!

Re: GR3770 No Power

My GR3770 has no power too. Powerswitch checked and even all breakers on the power board and also the one down under. All OK. So, I ask for a board to replace it. Offers welcome.

Re: GR3770 No Power

Did you check fuses on power supply board? Located behind front right cover.
    Good luck.